Vps 2

xtreem

Cannon Fodder
Hi Guys,

New member, been out of the bike scene for many years, looking to get into a cheap dual suspension bike.

Will be doing some fire trail work around the south coast of NSW and also some road commuting.

Was looking at not over spending at this time.

Bikes I am looking at are a Giant Yukon SX or something along those lines. Got a great review for a entry level dual in "mountain bike action" this month.

Have also seen a few 99/00 VPS 2's secondhand around the place, which are going pretty cheap and look the goods. Am I better to go with something like that or the new Yukon? Is the VPS suitable for a bit of commuting?

I am about 6'2 and 110kg if that makes much difference.

I searched and read a few reviews on the VPS 2 and they were quiet glowing but they were 8 or so years old, so is a good bike from that era crap compared to a cheapie of today like the Yukon or is it still the way to go.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

mick1224

Likes Bikes
Let us know what sort of price range you are looking at mate then people can give you some suggestions.
Don't know much about the Yukon but they look alright for the price and spec list as far as a cheap entry level bike goes.