WA: Kalamunda Circuit. Good tyres for Pea gravel?

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I ran minions front and rear in 2.35 while I was there. Can't remember which dh? edition I had or which went on what end, but I am pretty sure they ran in the direction the manufacturer suggested.

As already mentioned though, nothing really grips in that shit. I always felt like I was rolling around.
Probably shitty technique from me too. I don't mind the rear sliding but the front washing will likely be me unweighting it without realising

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe. More likely I'm just a bit of a pussy
Well I thought that would be an easy you tube solution...but no. Between videos telling me how to be alpha and pull women (quick version - get abs and $$$) and montages of computer gaming, there wasn't anything useful.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Yeah there's a lot of DHFs on the front end around Kalamunda. I figured I might struggle to find tyres that don't slide at Kalamunda so maybe better off saving some coin and sticking with the 2.5 DHF and putting a 2.3 DHRII on the back and seeing how I go with that
DHR2 or HR2 up front. A bit more grip and predictability than the DHF.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Michelin Wild Rock'r or Wild Enduro, but good luck getting a Wild Enduro. Vittoria Mazza and Martello are also good.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Another vote for Wild Enduro's even though nothing grips in pea gravel - the Michelin's work best for me, I was riding with a guy using the DH 34's and he thought they were great and the rest of us (mix of Wild Enduro/Agessai/DHF) were slipping all over the shop as per usual. Best bet is ride the Valley/Dwellingup/Down South and avoid most of it until it starts raining again!

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
I found a DHF always worked best around the Camel Farm providing you weighted the front and leant the bike over. If you didn't commit the front would always slide a fair bit. I ran DHFs on the front of my Heckler and then my Tallboy LT. I also ran an HR2 on the front of my Heckler for a bit, that actually wasn't too bad either.

On my hardtail I ran a Hans Dampf with both a Rock Razor and an HR2 out back. The HR2 was used in summer and the RR in winter. I found the HD a better tyre if I was only riding up to say 7/10s and mostly cruising around. As soon as I really started pushing I found nothing beat a DHF around there in summer.

I ran a Vittoria Morsa out back on my Tallboy LT along with a 2.4" Ardent. I'd actually try the 2.4" Ardent to go with your DHF, that was the best combo I found (ran it on both my Heckler and Tallboy LT). The Morsa rolled super well though, and had more grip when lent over.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
OK, revisiting this again as my tyres are starting to leak...
Any updated on a DHF/Aggressor combo, probably with a more heavy duty casing for my fat ass...
I see Vittorias are available again and wouldn't giving them or something else a whirl, knowing that nothing in particular grips here...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
OK, revisiting this again as my tyres are starting to leak...
Any updated on a DHF/Aggressor combo, probably with a more heavy duty casing for my fat ass...
I see Vittorias are available again and wouldn't giving them or something else a whirl, knowing that nothing in particular grips here...
Have you tried a Vittoria Martello. It's like a cut Shorty but with a better compound and lugs that don't fold. But you pay for it with rolling resistance.

Maxxis Assegai would probably be good too, but rolling resistance and the dreaded Maxxis wobble.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk