WA Riders

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Trip has gone to shit and didn't end up with the days off that I thought I'd have but still managed to fit in some time at Kalamunda today, thanks for the tips gents. Some 30 odd km on an e-bike before the crank decided it wanted to fall off, put it back on finger tight and limped back to the camel farm which was a bummer as there was still plenty of juice left in the battery. Another 17 km on a normal bike to round out the day. Jenny wasn't too keen on me taking the bike down the chubby shuffle bypass so I'll need to add that to the list next time I can bring my own bike over.

1661597694148.png

1661597892235.png

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trip has gone to shit and didn't end up with the days off that I thought I'd have but still managed to fit in some time at Kalamunda today, thanks for the tips gents. Some 30 odd km on an e-bike before the crank decided it wanted to fall off, put it back on finger tight and limped back to the camel farm which was a bummer as there was still plenty of juice left in the battery. Another 17 km on a normal bike to round out the day. Jenny wasn't too keen on me taking the bike down the chubby shuffle bypass so I'll need to add that to the list next time I can bring my own bike over.

View attachment 392400

View attachment 392401
Glad you managed to get out there hope you didn't get too wet!

ausdb

Being who he is

View attachment 392400

View attachment 392401
Well done pity about the hire bike falling apart, did you post on the WA mtb sales page the other day?

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I assume they were in the valley somewhere, don’t know if I’d go riding there on my own!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I assume they were in the valley somewhere, don’t know if I’d go riding there on my own!
I wouldn’t do it again based on a few trails I rode. Especially not on the rigid 26er although it probably was a good thing keeping me to sensible speeds.

Rorschach

Only times I’ve been there has been with others, stick to sanctioned trails if I’m on my own - too much can go wrong as can be seen here unfortunately

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
this is the trail for those of you who don't know it, one pretty significant A line these guys ride around. Plenty of rocks like most valley trails.
They were being fairly cautious but still looked like an accident waiting to happen. Hearing more and more stories of bad injuries on the trails last year or so sadly.

Rorschach

Another reason I’ll be avoiding the valley. Just looking at that video it’s well above my skill level and wont to ride