Wagga 6hr - March 27

wagga

Likes Bikes
2011 MTB Wagga 6 Hour Enduro

REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN FOR THE MTB WAGGA 6 HOUR ENDURO

Sunday 27th March

What: The MTB Wagga 6 Hour Enduro

Start Time: 9:30am

Cost: $20 per person (online entries), plus a valid MTBA licence or MTBA Day licence for $15.

$20 late fee for entries on the day so get in online to save a dollar.

Format: A 6 Hour Endurance Race that can be ridden either solo or in a team. Unlike most enduro rides where laps completed after the 6 hour mark are counted, riders must be back in transition prior to the 6 hour mark in order for their last lap to count. For example if you have been doing 35 minute laps all day and come through transition at the 5hr 30 min mark, unless you think you can do a sub 30 minute lap and have it in you, you would not go back out.

Course: Course length is approximately 11.4km in length with 90% single track and plenty of opportunities for passing. The track is renowned for it’s fast flowing sections but also has enough technical spots to keep the most experienced riders happy.

Prizes: All riders will go in the draw to win some fantastic prizes thanks to our great sponsors. A range of quality cycling products from Bontrager and Trek valued at over $600 and other gift vouchers and cycling gear from local bike shops. Great category prizes for place getters also.

Saturday 26th March
What: The Radical Lights Twilight Dash

Start Time: 7pm

Cost: Free entry for all riders who are entered in the MTB Wagga 6 Hour Enduro. $5 entry fee for any other riders.

Format: This is a timed sprint event around a short course approx 1- 1.5 km in length. Riders leave at 1 minute intervals. You only get one chance so make it good!

Course: It is approximately 1-1.5km in length and will take between 3-6 minutes to ride.

Prizes: All riders in this event will go in the draw for a set of Radical Lights.

See website for further details.

Daniel

Last edited:

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Woo hoo! My favourite event of the year.

Might be time to pony up and have a crack at the full 6 hours.

Ben_M

Likes Bikes
Only a month and a half until race day so dont forget to get your entry in. For those that have been there before we have built a new bridge section. There are 4 bridges in total and they are nice and wide so you dont fall off when you are a bit tired after riding for 5hrs.

We have also done some work to smooth out the final descent so it is very very fast now. :D

For those that have not been here before this is what you are missing, just watch out for the wallaby.;) (HD Version available on youtube site)

[video=youtube;SttCae4bKDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SttCae4bKDY[/video]

Sorry about the rouge strap, I obviously forgot to tie it back :rolleyes:

Last edited:

milux

Likes Dirt
Great work Ben, thats the fastest lap i've seen since Ask Humbet left.

More track work today, the track is coming together nicely. All the fast sections will be faster and the climbs just as tough as always, with a couple of changes made by adding some bridges and twisty stuff to brake up the fast flowing runs and climbs.

So anyone interested check out the website for more information, and come and ride one of the best flowing tracks around, and the price is a bargin when compared to other races.
http://6hour.mtbwagga.asn.au/

MTB Wagga

Likes Bikes
2 weeks to go guys until the 2011 MTB Wagga 6 Hour Enduro

The 12 km track at Pomi is in great nick and for those who have been before, you will enjoy a few of the new sections that have been added in by our hard working trails committee.

Don't forget to register online at http://6hour.mtbwagga.asn.au/?page_id=45

Hope to see you there :)

MTB Wagga

Likes Bikes
Update

5 days to go and with a few showers predicted this week, the track is going to be in perfect condition for Sunday's big event. Those who raced last year will remember how well the Saturday rain bedded the track down and made for a very fast race!!:D

Those of you who are coming to Wagga and have not yet registered, make sure you do so online before Saturday to avoid the $20 late fee that goes with registering on the weekend.

The Trek/Gary Fisher demo bikes will be available once again for anybody who wants to take one out for a test ride on one of their laps. See Rob or Simon at the Trek tent and they will be happy to fix you up with a bike.

See you there!!

MTB Wagga

Likes Bikes
Hi Matt,

Yep it has been dry until today when we had 13 mm of rain. This will pack things down nicely and even if we were to get another 20-30mm during the week (very unlikely), the track will be good to go on Sunday with the usual alternate lines around 2-3 small boggy areas. This track holds up very well after rain.

The forecast is for clear days Fri-Sun and perfect riding temperatures of 20 deg max.

MTB Wagga

Likes Bikes
Website is all good again

Both the event and MTBA online entry websites are good again. Apologies for the issues.

Track is good, weather forecast perfect and lots of entries flooding in over the past few days. It's gearing up to be another beaut and fun Wagga event for all levels of riders.

2 sleeps to go. Those of you camping, bring your woolies because it is going to get down to single digit figures over night.

MTB Wagga

Likes Bikes
Wrap Up

Thanks to everyone who travelled to Wagga to participate in our 6 Hour Enduro again this year. There were lots of new faces and plenty of familiar ones who keep coming back to have fun, enjoy the great track and the relaxed and laid back atmosphere.

As usual we are always keen to get your thoughts, comments and feedback on anything that could have made the day run smoother or made it better for you guys. Please post comments here or email them to us at enquiry@mtbwagga.asn.au

Thanks again and well done to everyone who participated. A special well done to Ria Johanson who took out the Radical Lights lucky draw valued at $800. Wagga must agree with Ria, because last year she took home another lucky draw - a $500 accommodation/meal package!!

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi MTB Wagga. Sounds like an awesome day - thanks for putting on another cracking event, and I'm kicking myself that I couldn't make the trip up this year.

Any results available anywhere as yet?

MTB Wagga

Likes Bikes
Thanks Ant.

As usual, the AWMTB Green Machine did well. I thought results were good to go up tonight, but nothing as yet. I will give the IT boys a hurry up in the morning and post on here when they go up.

The Albury girls did well with Alison Skinner winning the solo women's in 7 laps and Lisa Smallbone the solo masters in 6 laps.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Ant.

As usual, the AWMTB Green Machine did well. I thought results were good to go up tonight, but nothing as yet. I will give the IT boys a hurry up in the morning and post on here when they go up.

The Albury girls did well with Alison Skinner winning the solo women's in 7 laps and Lisa Smallbone the solo masters in 6 laps.
Excellent, they were the results I was looking for! Must have been all the pizza and beer I pumped into them both on Fri night. Performance enhancing at it's finest.

charltons

Likes Bikes
Hi guys,

Congratulations on another excellent event. The track mods were great. I especially like the bridges- they took a lot of the edge out of the sapping gullies that were there last year.

Any idea when we can expect the results?

Cheers

The Zigster

Likes Dirt
Thanks for a great course and expertly well run event guys! So glad I made the trip from Mt.Beauty to race.

Do you plan to post the Dash for Cash results? I'm interested to see how far behind Shane I was...

Thanks

Zigga