wagga wagga for a few days - should I take my bike?

hairy1

Likes Bikes
Hi,

Heading to wagga wagga next week for a few days for uni residential school. I've searched the forum / google and it seems like there are some trails in town/near town - is it worth taking my bike so I can go for some evening rides?

cheers

Tim

Dazool

Likes Bikes
Yes mate, take your bike definitely.

I have ridden Pomingalarna (Pomi') a couple of times and it is a great cross country area with a lot of trails packed into a small space, there are some nice flowy sections especially the last 2ks or so. Pomi' is on the outer west limits of town, behind the golf course directly opposite the turn off to Albury, enter via McNickle Road.

A mate of mine also rode a track behind the Uni that had jumps and drops but I haven't, you would need to ask around about that one.

Cheers. Dale, Albury.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Theres tracks from the water tank at the top of the MTN. Local bike shop will tell you where to go.
Or search Wagga on here to find more details

spurr

Likes Bikes
There are a couple of trail maps available on the local club page: http://www.mtbwagga.asn.au/?page_id=75

Pomingalarna (Pomi) is the most popular/known spot in town, leans towards the XC end of the spectrum but still some fun downhill bits. Main loop is good fun but there are plenty of other sections to link up, see the notice board at the trail head for some suggestions.

Willans Hill juts up in the middle of town, has quite a few trails (including a few DH type runs but they are fairly short) and handy if you are staying in town.

There are also some DH tracks on the hill out at the Uni campus, require a bit more skill than Willans Hill but are even shorter again.

TLDR; worth bringing a bike along.

Hi,

Heading to wagga wagga next week for a few days for uni residential school. I've searched the forum / google and it seems like there are some trails in town/near town - is it worth taking my bike so I can go for some evening rides?

cheers

Tim
Most definitely bring your bike Pommie 6 hour trail is the main track about 12.6 Kim's, Rambo track is very popular also it's is about 7klm's long there is usually a social ride leaves the main trail head next to the golf course at 7am on Sunday's if you want someone to show you around let me know. The MTB Wagga website has the trail maps on it, that are also on the notice board at the main entrance to Pommie