Wahoo - I'm in!

stirk

Burner
Keep the old brakes and try to fix them anyway, good way to learn how they work. Even though they are avids I'll pay postage for them if you plan on throwing them away as I'm teaching my son mechanics I'll get him to try and fix them.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Even though they are avids I'll pay postage for them if you plan on throwing them away as I'm teaching my son mechanics I'll get him to try and fix them.
Get him started on V-brakes first before potentially getting covered in DOT fluid.
After some experience, I can see it now in a neon sign .... 'Stirk and Son Avid Brake Repairs'. Sign me up and take my money.

AnthonyB

Squid
Keep the old brakes and try to fix them anyway, good way to learn how they work. Even though they are avids I'll pay postage for them if you plan on throwing them away as I'm teaching my son mechanics I'll get him to try and fix them.
...seems like the piston is stuck, general consensus seems to be (other than AvOid) that I need an adaptor to pressurise it with a track pump and blast it out, then, new seals, fluid, bleed etc. Parts are harder to come by now too...

Will let you know if I decide to bin them, but unlikely, I'm a hoarder - "one day I'll have a use for them"! :rolleyes:

AnthonyB

Squid
...well, the bleed kit arrived before the brakes did! (probably given it only had to travel 40km vs. half way round the world!) Probably the right way round anyhow!

Attachments

stirk

Burner
Nope! But there's always an excuse for new toys!! ;-)
Do it, get one, so useful for all kinds of jobs.

Tubeless set up, blowing out dust from computers, and crud from engines, especially around spark plugs, before working on them, spray painting, punching out brake pistons, hair drying, I even use mine to 'sweep' the floor of the shed!

AnthonyB

Squid
Wahoo - all arrived! Although looks like the levers are on the wrong side - left hand front pre-bled, right-hand rear not bled. Looks like I'll have to swap them over - good job I bought the bleed kit after all!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Wahoo - all arrived! Although looks like the levers are on the wrong side - left hand front pre-bled, right-hand rear not bled. Looks like I'll have to swap them over - good job I bought the bleed kit after all!
Nice. There should be the extra olives and barbs you need to shorten and change then over as well in the packs there somewhere.

AnthonyB

Squid
Last edited: