Wahoo Kickr - free apps?

I'm currently using Zwift with my Kickr but would like to be using a free app.

Happy to live with less functionality.

I've looked around, anyone know of one ?

Quency

Likes Dirt
I'm currently using Zwift with my Kickr but would like to be using a free app.

Happy to live with less functionality.

I've looked around, anyone know of one ?
How much functionality are you happy to lose?

The Wahoo Fitness app will let you manually set a resistance level (out of 10), percentage resistance, a wattage or simulate slope and wind speed on the Kickr.
You could pair that with an interval timer. a few free apps around. i used to use one of these before i had a smart trainer.
It a long fall from the set and forget interactive interface of Zwift though.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
it would be good to find something like this... I had TrainerRoad but cbf paying for it monthly right now. There are a few good programs around, just need to work out how to put them into some sort of app that drives the Kickr.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trainerroad has been the best thing I could've done for my fitness. Both the app and the weekly podcast. If you want to give it a try PM me, I've got a free month referral to give away

Thanks Phil, pretty familiar with trainerroad, and I second your opinion. If I line up for another event I'll spend the $$, but for just turning the legs over after work I'm a cheap skate.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Thanks Quency, I really like the Zwift, but $180 a year (every year) is steep.

I'll give your suggestion a crack and see if I can live with it.
its gone up to $20 a month now !!! only just started with it the other day, 7 day free trial so far

yet to try the belwo, they are free beta zwift alternatives i found the other day

- road grand tours
- virtuGo