Wales and Somerset (Coed Y Brenin / Quontock hills) advice

I'm heading over to the UK in a fortnight for a few weeks and I've managed to convince my wife that I'm taking my bike. Although this is mainly because the cost and location of hire bikes isn't that good for where / what I want to ride.

We're staying in Snowdonia in Wales for a week nearby to Coed Y Brenin. Is there anyone here that has ridden it and can tell me what to expect.
I've only ever ridden in South West WA. I'd consider myself reasonably confident with skills to ride blue and the odd black trails. Bike is more capable than I am being a 2019 Norco Sight A1. This place seems to have everything being one of the oldest trail centres in the UK.

Other than that my in-laws live in Somerset near to the Quantock hills. I'm hoping to get a couple rides in a week (otherwise it's not worth taking the bike).
Or if you have any advice on hiring bikes I'd welcome that!

wallythewunderdog

Cannon Fodder
G'day Chook, I rode Coed-y-Brenin a few times last year. Good trail centre, typical UK trails and lots of them. Never ridden WA trails, but expect them to be wet and muddy and heaps of fun riding through the forest. You'll have no issue with the trails - start with the easier ones and then work up from there.

While in Snowdonia I highly recommend a day at Antur Sting Bike Park. An hour or so further north but excellent trails which are fairly unique in the UK. And if you can convince the wife, a day at Bike Park Wales - without a doubt the best bike park that I rode during two years in Europe.

Hugor

Likes Dirt
CyB is such an amazing park. I rode every bike park in Wales when I was there and it was my favourite.
The woods belong in a Lord of the Rings scene. Theres trails for all abilities. Plenty of them too so you could easily do a few days there.
The black trails have chicken runs though you'll be walking a fair bit if you punch above your weight.
I never got a chance to ride Mt Snowdon. I'd definitely do that if the weather was nice.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Mt Snowdon is a lot of fun. Done that a few times including in the snow! That has some restrictions on when it can be ridden though from memory.