wall ride

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will ya move that big rock near foot out of the way, its freaking me that I will hit it and go OTB....:D:D

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The wall was built over about 4 seperate occasions.
Berm...about 5 hrs (machinery used), wall frame about 6 hours, wall decking about 5 hours. So... about 16 hrs (with 2 people) all up I think.

The GV Park is still in build mode and it needs to be planned properly. All the features are thought out and many of them designed on paper first. The idea of this is that they will be high quailty features and built to last.

The park is still awaiting council approval before it can open to the public and this has been on going for about 18 months, so unfortunately we can't give an opening date.

Click on the sig below to go to the GV facebook page as this is where a lot of info gets posted, even join as a friend if you want.

Last edited:

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey mate, great work, but just curouis how much did it cost to build.

Im guessing LOTS

Cheers

hey mate, great work, but just curouis how much did it cost to build.

Im guessing LOTS

Cheers
The wood roughly $1000 , plus nuts and bolts etc.. $300

man hours were repaid in free food and drink , plus a couple of bottles of wine and free fruit from the fruit trees

i reckon all up $1500

What type of wood did you use, could you substitute in something cheaper? Much Much cheaper
wood used was

decking - treated pine F7 - 140mm by 35mm - 4.8m lengths. @ $21.70 each
horizontal bracing - hardwood F11 seasoned - 100mm by 50mm - 6m lengths @ $27.40 each
vertical supports - hardwood F11 seasoned - 100mm by 75mm - 4.2m lengths @ $24.30 each

you can always go cheaper.. depends who is going to use it, and how long you want it to last..

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You could make this wall ride out of a second hand fence if you were so inclined. It just wouldn't last as long. Another option is going to the second hand materials places and picking up old timbers from houses that have been pulled down, etc. Your options are pretty much limited only by what you can find.

I reckon half the fun is building them, no matter how much fruit is on offer, ohhh and for Nick's company of course. :p. BTW Mr Greenvalleys, lunch seems to be getting later and later on your build days :D:D

If you build a cheap one, you can always ride it until your sick of it, then start over again.

However these rides are built to last with very little maintenace, beacuse as the park grows bigger you don't want to have to go back and keep fixing stuff, hence the cost.

ademb

Likes Dirt
What type of wood did you use, could you substitute in something cheaper? Much Much cheaper
Mate he is building a bike park and a business. You do it right the first time, build it strong and you won't have any issues.

It looks great mate, can't wait to ride the park once its all done!

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First rides of this wall on the weekend. It rides soooo sweet.
Will post some pics when I can work out how to again. :confused: