Waltly - oh no Customs!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
So it happened. My frame is stuck at customs and won't make the predicted phase down of lockdown. What a cruel joke.

Anyone doe this before? Paperwork and stuff looks balls deep and complicated. Customs broker or not - I test ran a few and they seem to ask for minimum information but can somehow process the thing for you - is this some kind of handshake deal with border force that expedites the process?

Confused.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Huh, why is it stuck at customs? As the frame would only have a declared value of a couple of hundred dollars, why are they holding it? o_O

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Just need the right code for its category which in your first time takes a, while to find, country of origin manufactured, each product line seperately, declaration and spare money. If they decide to investigate what's it they charge. I was lucky my frame skipped straight by!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Just get a customs broker, it's easier then spending your time navigating all the bs paperwork yourself. Trust me there can be a lot of bs paperwork.

Last time I needed one I used https://www.ecustomsbroker.com.au/

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Just get a customs broker
Yep did that. $70 not too bad. I genuinely am a tightass and try to DIY where possible, but honestly that form is a disaster. That they have 'customs brokers' should probably indicate the stupidity of the process haha.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yep did that. $70 not too bad. I genuinely am a tightass and try to DIY where possible, but honestly that form is a disaster. That they have 'customs brokers' should probably indicate the stupidity of the process haha.
It is, I successfully navigated it about ~8-9 years ago, the hourly rate to investigate, work out how to complete it and successfully submit it was well below the minimum wage.
Just get a broker if you dont have the time to spend on it... now if you were quarantined for 2 weeks somewhere ;)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Just use tariff code 9503.00.60

--- Goods, as follows:
(a) electric trains, including tracks, signals and other accessories therefor;
(b) reduced-size ("scale") model assembly kits, whether or not working models

Duty Free

You’ve be fine..........

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Yeah thanks folk, the duty isn't too much of a concern, pretty sure there is a code that is duty free, gst is not much in the grand scheme and fair enough, admin fees are small but annoying, just the paperwork is a real pain. Pretty much not consumer friendly at all.

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Yeah thanks folk, the duty isn't too much of a concern, pretty sure there is a code that is duty free, gst is not much in the grand scheme and fair enough, admin fees are small but annoying, just the paperwork is a real pain. Pretty much not consumer friendly at all.
I might have to pick your brain in the near future if mine gets stopped. May look up the tarrif codes and paperwork to get a feel for what I might be in for.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I might have to pick your brain in the near future if mine gets stopped. May look up the tarrif codes and paperwork to get a feel for what I might be in for.
Don't ask, me I paid a broker. Upload the aus post letter, and the invoice. They do the rest. Amazing that there are a like a gazillion other fields that I literally would have spend hours (that I don't have) to figure out.