VIC Wanted - 142x12 axle

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Item wanted 142x12 axle (non boost). Needs to be a fine thread axle like the syntace x-12
Item Condition: new/used - as long as it works!
Reason for buying: lost mine somehow....
Price and price conditions: you tell me
Extra Info: have learnt a lot about rear axles - turns out the one I need for my Intense Tracer is not the standard thread as per a shimano/dt Swiss etc, but is a Syntace X12 which has a fine thread. Anyone have a spare one laying around?
Pictures: no

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Can you find out the thread pitch. Normally they will specify 142mmx1mm or 142x1.5 etc.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Syntax X12 thread pitch is 1.0mm.

More importantly, does the other end of the axle need a flat or conical washer butting against the frame? My SC TBc is Syntace standard with a flat washer, I made one out of the same axle with a conical washer (bit of file action...).

goobags

Likes Dirt

You can have this if it fits. Has a fine thread on it, works with the Shimano ‘E-thru’ “standard”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet1

Likes Dirt

You can have this if it fits. Has a fine thread on it, works with the Shimano ‘E-thru’ “standard”

Do you know if this is the 1mm thread? If so, I'll take it!

Syntax X12 thread pitch is 1.0mm.

More importantly, does the other end of the axle need a flat or conical washer butting against the frame? My SC TBc is Syntace standard with a flat washer, I made one out of the same axle with a conical washer (bit of file action...).
I am not sure about about that - I think it was flat not conical... Who knew there were so many standards with rear axles...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah it blows. I was in exactly your situation...needed a rear axle then found out so much about the bloody standard differences!

goobags

Likes Dirt
Do you know if this is the 1mm thread? If so, I'll take it!

I am not sure about about that - I think it was flat not conical... Who knew there were so many standards with rear axles...

Might be out of luck. Looks like 1.5mm. I’ll measure it when I get home

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Yet1 is this what your old axle looked like?

Picture from: https://brilliantbikes.co.uk/intense-spares/2051-intense-axle-142mm-dt-bolted.html

Or is it a bolt-up with an expander bolt/cone lock per the Intense webstore: https://parts.intensecycles.com/col...cer-carbine-axle-kit-expert-foundation-builds - although that's a boost axle.

At any rate, they both look to be tapered at the non-threaded end as hifi suspects - that's the proper X12 "standard", no?

Still reckon this one's a winner: https://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/dt-swiss-rws-plug-in-axle (first item in list)

Easy returns with mtbd too, just tell them Dozer sent you.

Yet1

Likes Dirt
I dont recall the end being tapered, so the one at MBD might be the go. I still find it mind boggling that there are so many different standards for holding a rear wheel on. I liked the simpler days of a 9mm QR.