Wanted - fox proframe or tld stage - medium - found

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Due to attempting to practice my diving skills while mountain biking, I need a new lid. I'm happy to buy new but figured it's worth putting the call out for a used one since I'll probably trash it in short order anyway because I can't tell an A-line from an B-line.

Item: Helmut! Either fox proframe or TLD stage
Price range/Willing to Pay:$? More $? for a stage
Extra Info: size medium, and I might be reasonably picky about the colours, sorry.

No big hurry here, I'm off the bike for a while and probably won't have any aspirations to play silly games straight away anyway. I'm more than happy with the proframe, but liked the stage a little more, I just couldn't justify the extra $$ at the time. Not really considering other helmuts at the moment

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Nothing to see here, Yarra valley cycles will sort me out with a newie. Champions

Last edited:

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There was a massive sale on them at pushys or mtbd a couple of months ago. I would look there first if you havent.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Yours looks like my lawndart effort too... I bought the same helmet again the next day.
They're a solid helmet hey, no wonder other brands are starting to copy it.

Yarra valley cycles are going to sort me out, discount on a brand newie so I don't have to deal with wifey yelling at me for buying second hand seriously happy with the helmet and the service, kickass

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They're a solid helmet hey, no wonder other brands are starting to copy it.

Yarra valley cycles are going to sort me out, discount on a brand newie so I don't have to deal with wifey yelling at me for buying second hand seriously happy with the helmet and the service, kickass

Nice, i got my proframe from them. Good to know they'll do that.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A mate has also told me the place I bought mine from have a crash replacement program happening so I might be able to get a brand newie on the cheap.
Hey @Plankosaurus is that a shop specific warranty or a Fox replacement ? I bought 3 from Pushys and the chinbar on #2 sons has got a crack in it, he reckons he didn't crash and there is no marks of scuffs on it... a perfect JRA story from a 12yr old with a $300 helmet that needs replaced :rolleyes:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hey @Plankosaurus is that a shop specific warranty or a Fox replacement ? I bought 3 from Pushys and the chinbar on #2 sons has got a crack in it, he reckons he didn't crash and there is no marks of scuffs on it... a perfect JRA story from a 12yr old with a $300 helmet that needs replaced :rolleyes:
I got the impression its a bit of both?

Replacement discount comes from fox, but I think yvc are looking after me a bit more as the discount applies to retail apparently. I got mine on special for $250 while they had them at that price, they're going to sort me out for that again. Getting a new one at that discounted price seems like a winner to me.

Have a chat to pushys I guess. Could be a warranty issue if you reckon sonny is on the money. worth an ask at least I would have thought

ozzybmx

Cheers @Plankosaurus will give them a shout... he has told me 100% that he didn't hit the ground at any stage, even when the old bloke wasn't there to witness, the 2 cracks are pretty shit considering the reviews on the helmets.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Going to bring this one back up, unfortunately it turns out fox won't do crash replacement anymore so I'm back to buying one through normal channels.

Yarra valley cycles did offer to do a good price for me, but the only colour they had in my size just wasn't for me.

Had another look at the stage next to the proframe, the stage in black with red looks bang on! If I don't end up finding a smashing deal on something by the time im up and riding, I might splurge on one of these...
https://www.pushys.com.au/troy-lee-...jXBlHQznJ7nglMRLVut1J9Ey5EmwcV5RoC1jYQAvD_BwE

Jpez

Down on the left!
Going to bring this one back up, unfortunately it turns out fox won't do crash replacement anymore so I'm back to buying one through normal channels.

Yarra valley cycles did offer to do a good price for me, but the only colour they had in my size just wasn't for me.

Had another look at the stage next to the proframe, the stage in black with red looks bang on! If I don't end up finding a smashing deal on something by the time im up and riding, I might splurge on one of these...
https://www.pushys.com.au/troy-lee-...jXBlHQznJ7nglMRLVut1J9Ey5EmwcV5RoC1jYQAvD_BwE

Another option to look at although pricing may not be great as it’s a new product is the just out IXS Trigger full face. Looks just like a Proframe actually.

ozzybmx

@Plankosaurus Fox replaced my young fellas helmet on warranty, got a new one sent to me through Pushys a few weeks back.

Maybe there was an issue with the chin bar on that helmet ? Don't know exactly as they did not say anything... but they replaced it with a brand-spanker with only seeing the pictures.

Pretty happy with the outcome there obviously.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Tried the link, says it no longer exists? I had a search and there's a couple but not sure white is going to work for me
@Plankosaurus Fox replaced my young fellas helmet on warranty, got a new one sent to me through Pushys a few weeks back.

Maybe there was an issue with the chin bar on that helmet ? Don't know exactly as they did not say anything... but they replaced it with a brand-spanker with only seeing the pictures.

Pretty happy with the outcome there obviously.
I don't think I can do that. There is a crack in the chinbar no doubt, but there's also a big fat crater in the top where an 85kg idiot tried to swan dive into hard Ballarat clay. Something tells me this won't be a warranty issue