Wanted - fox32 damper unit OR straight steerer air forks (found)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Gah!!

I was servicing some forks for a friend and I've done gone snapped the damper bolt when tightening it up. I didn't think I was over torquing it, but it seems I might need to get my arms re-calibrated.

Item: fox32 damper, or whole fork, or just the end bit I've broken
Price range/Willing to Pay: as little as possible, I'm fixing a blunder
Extra Info:

I don't know if I can get that wee little damper end thingy separately, please school me if you know something

I also don't know what level of compatibility these things have, I know can get away with murder on rockshox, but fox might not be as easy.

If I can't fix these short term, I'll gladly buy another set of forks and wait till something pops up that I can use to fix these. I can't break something that doesn't belong to me and then make them wait for a fix

I have some heavy old 150mm zocchis with straight steerer, was keen to keep them but I'd happily swap them to get this going again...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Which year/model Fox 32s? I still have those 120mm 32 Float Evolutions you sold me, ended up just buying brand new 32s (they have some internal stanchion wear) so they're sitting unused. Otherwise all good though, just sitting as returned from Cyclinic without fluids in them at the moment.

I also have some 2013 100mm 32s too with CTD damper.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Which year/model Fox 32s? I still have those 120mm 32 Float Evolutions you sold me, ended up just buying brand new 32s (they have some internal stanchion wear) so they're sitting unused. Otherwise all good though, just sitting as returned from Cyclinic without fluids in them at the moment.

I also have some 2013 100mm 32s too with CTD damper.
Older f100s, from an old specialized epic, say 2008ish.

I sold those to you pretty cheap didn't I? Could work out I guess, ideally I'd like to find something a bit more stuffed so I don't feel bad about shelving the rest of the parts. Also, that'd make 3 sets of 29er forks I can't use due to steerers, not sure I'm mentally prepared for that

Mind if I check other options and get back to you?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Yeah, $100 from memory. I'd let them go for less than that again, they're just taking up space.

Yeah of course.
Nah, letting them go for less isn't an option!

I've got a couple of leads so I'll see how I go first. If I didn't have too many forks already I'd grab them back just because, but I'm afraid of becoming a fork storage warehouse

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Might have the forks parts you need, will look in the fox bucket of fork death tomorrow

Collecting too many forks? Do we need a fork swap meet for all fork hoarders? Minimum 10 forks to be invited.

ualf

Likes Dirt
Dale, I have a 2013 (I think) 120mm that came off a Trance with worn out stanchions that I don't need.
Lowers and internals should be in good nick.
Let me know if you think the damper from it will work for you.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Thanks heaps guys, @binner has sent me a message telling me he's posted out a damper this morning. It's not exactly the same but it looks close enough that it should do the job.

Thing is he's ignoring me when I ask for bank details. Anyone else bought from him and have a way I can send him some beer money?