WANTED!! kona stinky deluxe D.O.P.E system

l2wto

Squid
hi ppl, iv been custom building a 2008 kona stinky deluxe and am looking for the floating brake system ( d.o.p.e system ) wondered if anyone had 1 for sale or where i can buy one from. thanks in advance jamie

Roly

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'd be putting this in the Wanted To Buy section mate. template and the whole shebang will do nicely :)

l2wto

Squid
kona

so dont i need the d.o.p.e system on it lol, iv been trying to hunt 1 down for ages but kinda got fed up and just left in f few months in the garage and rode me other bikes lol.
got few sets of brakes sittin there aswel ha, shud of checked really but just persumed i had to use the d.o.p.e system.
cheers bud

l2wto

Squid
kona

just looked at the bike and theres no mounts for the brakes, how did u mount urs or isnt urs a deluxe??

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Edit* - Oh I see, mine is just a standard stinkbomb. Looks like you're going to have to pull the trigger and buy some dope.

Last edited:

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
I solved my problems by not buying a Kona..oh wait, I never had problems as I never bought a Kona lol :cool:

...probably woulda been tougher than my Norco was though...that was when my problems actually began hahahaha

rstwosix

Likes Dirt
Groupe Sportif is the KONA distributor in Australia - they might have one. Yarra Valley Cycles are a Kona dealer in Vic. and they're into DH/Freeride. Give them a call.

l2wto

Squid
i emailed kona uk before so just waitin for a reply,
i only got the kona cos it was cheap and thought it wud be a decent bike to do up and sell on.
lovin me trek remedy 9 atm but want a session 88 as im more into dh

l2wto

Squid
for the $300 dollars id rather get the origional kona system,
just seems an awful lot of money to put a back brake on.
mite hold out and hope sum1 has a spare or is stripping there kona.

theres so many other things id rather spend that much on :(

thanks again ppl great help

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The other option I would be thinking about is finding a totally flogged 08 stinky frame (preferably without a shock) for very cheap over there in the uk (ebay,classifieds etc). Then swap the non-dope dropouts for your bike before binning the frame. I believe the 08/09/10 stinky frames all have the 3 bolts connecting the dropouts to the seatstay and chainstay on both the drive and non-drive sides. Job's a good un'.

Last edited:

cobba

Likes Dirt
You'd be wasting money buying directly from Kona, it's the same thing that Brake Therapy sells .

Kona DOPE (€299) + Rod (€54) = €353.00 or US$458

Brake Therapy Floating Brake Kit / Kona DOPE = US$295 or €233

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
just seems an awful lot of money to put a back brake on.
mite hold out and hope sum1 has a spare or is stripping there kona.

theres so many other things id rather spend that much on :(

thanks again ppl great help
Brake therapy are the designers and manufacturers of the DOPE system for Kona. Assured, it is not a copy, it is the original!

- Joel