Wanted - lots of things. again

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Once again i find myself looking for a few bikes and bits. free 3d printed fork seal drivers to anyone that can help me out! (better than a set of steak knives any day)

Item: FOUND! Complete small or medium trail bike (or possibly a frame) for a local kid
Price range/Willing to Pay: dads budget is $1000
Extra Info: looking for another bike for another kid thats itching to join the squillions of kids at lysterfield. pretty open to makes and models, as long as its not a pig to ride this kid should be pretty stoked. ideally a 120ish travel dually, but open to more lightweight bigger travel bikes that arent sleds. i think a 2010ish trance would be bang on the budget and mission, or something else along those lines

Item: old 90s barracuda steel hardtail frame or complete bike - large
Price range/Willing to Pay: dunno - $100? moar?
Extra Info: i had one years and years ago that got stolen off the back of my ute. i recently had a bit of a play with a retro restore and i think i'd like to have a crack at that with a bike that means something to me.
*can swap for my KHS/Raceline dually thats been recently completed, dunno what its worth or even if its in the same ballpark as a barracuda.

Item: found blue clipless pedals - HT X2 or DMR V twin
Price range/Willing to Pay: $100? moar if they're super shiney?
Extra Info: currently running old faithful DX pedals which will never die, but wanted to try something with a better platform and add some more blue

Item: found Oil Slick rear hub. 32hole, 135x12 (or 142x12 at a pinch), HG, 6 bolt
Price range/Willing to Pay: $100? tell me if i'm way off, the front cost me $40
Extra Info: got a bargain front hub for wifey and i wouldn't mind building her a wheelset now. not super fussy on brand, but the front is a dartmoor so ideally that.
*can swap for a set of stans 3.30HD hubs (100x15f / 142x12r) or a hope pro2evo rear (yes canary, if i dont get a swap, you get first dibs)

Item: found 30.9 external or lever dropper, 100mm or so travel would be best.
Price range/Willing to Pay: the cheaper the better, i dont know if she's going to like it.
Extra Info: id like to try one on daughters bike, and my spare KS wont fit :(
*can swap for a KS dropzone cable dropper, 125mm and 31.6

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Thanks, that'll do the trick!

I'll hit the button on that later if no-one has anything, and maybe the dmr pedals that are on special aswell

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Does that get you up to free shipping? Do they even offer that now?
(Great find @Isaakk!)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Does that get you up to free shipping? Do they even offer that now?
(Great find @Isaakk!)
Yeah, no idea what the threshold is but it's free shipping. Also a $20 off code to make my pedals $145, seems like a win all round, unless there's unused parts sitting in someone's garage that they don't want anymore

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
All sorted except the barracuda

And looking for a cheap 26" disc wheelset too now. Qr or 10mm bolt up, can be absolute garbage as long as they spin

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
All sorted except the barracuda

And looking for a cheap 26" disc wheelset too now. Qr or 10mm bolt up, can be absolute garbage as long as they spin

Any use? QR both ends, Scott branded hubs and skinny XC Alex rims, Centerlock 180/160mm rotors, 9sp cassette (IIRC). Wheels could do with a retension, but spin fine and appear to be running true. Western 'burbs though.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Any use? QR both ends, Scott branded hubs and skinny XC Alex rims, Centerlock 180/160mm rotors, 9sp cassette (IIRC). Wheels could do with a retension, but spin fine and appear to be running true. Western 'burbs though.
View attachment 367589
If dan lets us out to play again anytime soon I'd be keen. What sort of dollarydoos would you be after for them?

Kiddo will get by for now with the dtswiss wheelset that's on it. Rim is cracked through the centre and hub is cooked, but it still rolls and he's not going to school yet anyway

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
If dan lets us out to play again anytime soon I'd be keen. What sort of dollarydoos would you be after for them?

Kiddo will get by for now with the dtswiss wheelset that's on it. Rim is cracked through the centre and hub is cooked, but it still rolls and he's not going to school yet anyway

PM'd.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
If the above didn't happen I have a pair of 26" Mavic XM317/DT 370 wheels, Q/R both ends. Can include 9-sp. cassette if needed. Price negotiable.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Thanks ducky, I think it'll happen, we just need a little bit of freedom so I can drive around outside of work.