Wanted - steel AM hardtail frame 26 or 27.5 - found

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Yet another project to stave off the boredom for a short while. I figure since I've totalled my back, I might as well make it worse by trying to ride rough stuff on a hardtail

Item: large (or a big medium) steel hardtail frame that'll take a tapered 160mm fork
Price range/Willing to Pay: a custom job from Marino starts at $250 US so ideally less than that. But let's hear the options anyway
Extra Info: little sis has an aluminium frame for me that'd be perfect, except it's aluminium. I'm really keen on steel for a hardtail, and I'm not going to compromise on this. Ideally I'd like 44mm head tube, but tapered is fine. Ideally I'd like 142x12 ta, but 135x10 would also be fine. Not fussed if it's 26 or 275, unless somehow the frame design won't let me run a 26" wheel.

After seeing the Marino thread, I'm pretty confident those guys will be able to get me sorted. But just in case there's a neat used frame gathering dust out there waiting for me I figured I'd see what's around. If there's a comparably priced option out there new I'm all ears too. This is my first time really looking into a bike like this so any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Why steel?
Because I'm a manly man's man with ultra rad skillz and only a steel frame will survive?

...Not buying it? Ok, steel rides marginally nicer than aluminium in my experience, and my delicate constitution needs all the help it can get where there's no suspension. Also like the idea of a bare steel frame, letting it get a little surface rust, and then spraying clear over that.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i have a cotic bfe in green, it’s a M but they ride bit bigm i’m 184cm havnt had a 160mm on it, but takes 140-150mm ok, runs a 26” but i also ran the back with a smallish 27.5 for a while..tried to get my kid on it but he won’t take to it...mates rates but i usually surcharge peeps from narre warren

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I was 180cm, but now my spine has been compressed so it's possible a medium might be just right

Definitely interested, any chance you could shoot me some pics?

And I was aware of the narre warren surcharge, but that's usually only if you have to visit the area. I'm sure we can work something else out