VIC ********* Warburton MTB Trails Update *********** PLEASE READ **********

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Where and who is the best source of information to keep up to date with this? I went over last week to Mt Donna buang, looked around the real estate and had possibly the best parma of my life at the pub along with the best cider.

The original sanitarium building is still caught up in paperwork before its resort rebirth can occur. Want in before its all formally rectified (if ever. )

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yarra Ranges MTB or the boys at Yarra Valley Cycles are quite heavily invested in the project

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Is there a simple place to find out exactly which trails are open and allowed to ride?

Seems like 20 different websites with different aged information....

Cheers

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Imagine if Warburton had a chairlift.....
Geez, if they put one on a scrubby hill in texas, they could do great things with a well placed lift in Warby, up Donna Buang or on the other side of the valley.
I'm sure all the NIMBYs and Parks have harumphed the idea out of sight, But it could be the deal sealer to ACTUALLY make Warby a MTB destination.
It should reduce wear and erosion on shuttle access roads to boot, if it were well placed for the best gravity riding.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Looks like World Trail just snagged the title!

pmrider

Squid
Looks like World Trail just snagged the title!

Glad it's not DirtArt at least..

volcanoman

Likes Bikes
I don't like their style of trail building and they've gotten most big projects in VIC recently. It'll be good to get more of a mixture of trails out there.
What is wrong with their style? Just curious as they've gifted us some pretty nice runs: Hero (RIP), Black Hill, Harcourt, Mt Taylor and probably more I can't think of.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
They seem to have issues grading their trails lol. Parts of Harcort are not blue haha. Caught me by surprise when I had my XC bike and expecting to dogentle blue runs with a relative newb lol. But yeah I rekon a variety is key to decent MTB parks.

pmrider

Squid
What is wrong with their style? Just curious as they've gifted us some pretty nice runs: Hero (RIP), Black Hill, Harcourt, Mt Taylor and probably more I can't think of.
IMO their trails are just to bizzy.. they pack too many features into a trail and too many trails into a project (case in point Harcourt). They have built some cool trails but it'll just be good to have another trail company in the mix.
why did you say RIP for Hero?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
IMO their trails are just to bizzy.. they pack too many features into a trail and too many trails into a project (case in point Harcourt)...
If you're driving 2+ hours it's good to have that many trails. Not sure how variety can be a bad thing...

volcanoman

Likes Bikes
IMO their trails are just to bizzy.. they pack too many features into a trail and too many trails into a project (case in point Harcourt). They have built some cool trails but it'll just be good to have another trail company in the mix.
why did you say RIP for Hero?
That's gotta be the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about too many trails haha. Why is too many a bad thing?

The feature argument I don't really understand either, seems we have plenty of tracks with flat stuff. I like lots of features to get the flow happening. But that's subjective.

Hero is pretty dead, top is hard to keep speed for and the bottom is logged.

volcanoman

Likes Bikes
They seem to have issues grading their trails lol. Parts of Harcort are not blue haha. Caught me by surprise when I had my XC bike and expecting to dogentle blue runs with a relative newb lol. But yeah I rekon a variety is key to decent MTB parks.
Relative newbs go on the green ones! Blue = intermediate right?