VIC ********* Warburton MTB Trails Update *********** PLEASE READ **********

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Relative newbs go on the green ones! Blue = intermediate right?
Yeah haha. But in their defence they ride Lysty and so I said we'll do the blue trails which were harder than any of the black stuff at lysty. Anyho I rekon lysty is probably lower graded than others being higher graded.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My stoke is so high on this project, having a Derby (or above) caliber trail network within half an hour drive from me is the stuff of dreams!

The whispers floating around town suggest the sky is the limit in terms of potential awesomeness

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
My stoke is so high on this project, having a Derby (or above) caliber trail network within half an hour drive from me is the stuff of dreams!

The whispers floating around town suggest the sky is the limit in terms of potential awesomeness
Please no one wreck the pub. Best parma of my life over there with 90s pricing. Great menu too. The community is mixed on it. I hope now someone invests into the old santiarium building.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Please no one wreck the pub. Best parma of my life over there with 90s pricing. Great menu too. The community is mixed on it. I hope now someone invests into the old santiarium building.
Everything will get more expensive...And the parma will transmogrify into an evil vegan clone of a parma... :oops:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
This town isn't ready. Was up there a few days ago, the cog Cafe service was down badly from previous visits. some of the most abrupt service I've had.. Bikeshop had a good stock of tyres and new owner was nice enough, didn't seem interested in a chat.

Whoever opens a fresh cafe with a different menu will kill it. Everyone's menu was identical and definitely no chefs on.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
This town isn't ready. Was up there a few days ago, the cog Cafe service was down badly from previous visits. some of the most abrupt service I've had.. Bikeshop had a good stock of tyres and new owner was nice enough, didn't seem interested in a chat.

Whoever opens a fresh cafe with a different menu will kill it. Everyone's menu was identical and definitely no chefs on.
I think that the real test will be how authentic the town feels as a MTB destination once the trails are in.
Towns like Rotorua and Bright are so welcoming and genuinely keen on mountain biking.
Some of these created towns just can't match the vibe of an organic trail destination

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I think that the real test will be how authentic the town feels as a MTB destination once the trails are in.
Towns like Rotorua and Bright are so welcoming and genuinely keen on mountain biking.
Some of these created towns just can't match the vibe of an organic trail destination
Agreed, bright has led the way, I always spend much more than need be when I go to the smaller towns and get good service, I know it's key to keep the places I love open. (grew up in a tiny place based on tourism).

Im getting this in the Dandedong Ranges, and Lakes entrance. I've been to the warburton pocket a few times, and every time they don't want a bar of an outsider. (minus the local pub, good folk.)

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So looking forward to this. I'm reasonbly local so will be stoked if people are going to be comparing it to Derby!

I've ridden Hey Hey My My a few times, but feels a little like an orphaned child at the moment with not much else sanctioned around it.
But it is an very fun trail, well worth the trip out for a couple of laps.