VIC Warburton Official Trail Maintenance Day Information

frug

Likes Bikes
Hi All.

I've started this thread to keep you all updated on the, now legal (YAY!!!!!), trail maintenance days out in the Warburton/Wesburn area.

All maintenance days will also be posted here on FaceBook, but if you re not on FB, I'll try to remember to post it here too.

Lots of work is needed and I know a lot of you are very passionate, and have expressed interest in helping out in maintaining this mecca of a MTBking area!

Hope to see you all out on the trail soon!!

Cheers
Doug
YRMTB

frug

Likes Bikes
First Official trail maintenance day!!!

Hi all.

I posted this last week, so I thought I'd post it here, as the first one. Sorry if you missed it. Keep reading below for the next day.

The first Warby MTB Trails official trail maintenance day is THIS Saturday 21st May. Below are 2 threads places on FaceBook with info.

You've all talked about getting involved, so now's the time to get involved and to really show your support for the trails in Warby!!

Mat Verruso
May 4th
Anyone who would like to be involved with a delwp sanctioned track maintanance day leave yr name in comments.
Day 1. Mindcrusher xc loop 21/5/16,
930am start.
I am looking foreward to many people responding. As there is a dwelp framework to familiarise myself with there will be limited numbers to start with. Along with yr name please let me know if you have done IMBA course and also if you would be more commited time wise to train up to be a crew leader. Thanks Matt V

Mat Verruso
May 18th
So stoked on all the people who are volunteering thier time to get our tracks sorted this sat. Dewlp stipulates the use of PPE. 20 hard hats, high vis vests and specs will be provided. As there will be more than 20 of us attending it would be great to bring yr own if you have it. Also wearing some work boots and gloves is a good idea. If you can bring brushcutters, sheers, rakehoes, mattocks and shovels it would be much appreciated. Meeting at old warburton Rd and crusher track, Wesburn. 930. Good on you champions.

Most of the updates on trails in Warby will be posted on the YRMTB FaceBook page, but I'll try to post here also. Anyone can read the info on the FB page, so you don't need to join up if you don't want.

Hope to see you all there!!
Doug.

frug

Likes Bikes
Trail maintenance day 4th & 5th, 11th & 12th June 2016.

Hey all.

This is a post from the YRMTB FaceBook page:

So awesome to see mtbikers working together and getting seriously pro results on the tracks we all love to ride. Big thanks to all for giving up their Saturday ride time. Can not thank Steve at Coates hire enough for providing us with high quality equipment to tackle the hard stuff with and the Wesburn kitchen for giving us sustained with well made lunch packs cheers.

To those who didn't make it we are doing it all again on the 4th, 5th and 11th, 12th of June. Respond to verrusom@yahoo.com.au so I have an idea of who and which days to coordinate. We still have a lot to do before DELWP can officially open the tracks. Minecrusher is half done then on to Warp and top track. Dig deep Matt V

Hope to see ya'll on one of those dates!!

Doug
YRMTB

frug

Likes Bikes
******* Mind Crusher Track set to OPEN for Winter riding ******

Yep!! But before it's officially opened we need to do one last push to get the remainder of the trail up to IMBA standard.

We need a good group of vollies to come to the next official trail maintenance day, so we can open this trail for Winter riding and keep those "undesirables" off it.

Sunday 31st July is the next maintenance day.

We'll be clearing the overgrowth on the climb, fixing a few features and giving the loop a good ol' sproose up!!

May hands make light work, so I'm putting the call out there for a good showing.

If you've ever ridden this track or want to explore it, I'm urging you all to give a bit back to the trail and help out.

DELWP will be there and all PPE will be supplied.

Details:
Sunday 31st July
9:30am - 4pm (if you can only help out for a few hours, we'd love to see you!!)
Cnr Crusher Track and Old Warburton Rd, Wesburn.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/SZpNDhJ2bf92

Bring any of the following:
Shovels
Mattocks
Rake Hoe
Nail Rake
Water
Sturdy footwear
Food

Any questions, shoot me an email to secretary@yrmtb.com.au or leave a comment.

Everyone is welcome!!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!

13241213_10153951751956281_5903382097783642193_n.jpg

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
Yep!! But before it's officially opened we need to do one last push to get the remainder of the trail up to IMBA standard.

We need a good group of vollies to come to the next official trail maintenance day, so we can open this trail for Winter riding and keep those "undesirables" off it.
Good luck with it all Frug! Tough gig.

frug

Likes Bikes
Trail Maintenance Day

Hi all.

Just a reminder that the next Trail Maintenance day is NEXT Sunday 31st July.

If enough people show and help out, this will ensure this trail opens for Winter riding!!

Info in a few posts above this.

Hope to see you all there!!

frug

Likes Bikes
Next Trail Maintenance Day on Mount Bride Trails

***** YRMTB Mount Bride Trail Maintenance Days******

2 All Mountain trails are set to open on Mount Bride.

But to get them to a legally ride-able stage, we need to begin some much needed trail maintenance on them.

As you can see by the pics, there will be a fair bit of work needed including re-constructing features, re-aligning damaged sections of trail, clearing storm damaged sections and general tidy ups.

It's going to be a massive job, so we'll need all hands on deck!!

Date: Saturday 3rd & 10th September.
Time: 9:30am
Where: Meet corner of Edwardstown Rd and Mount Bride Rd Warburton.
Google Link: https://goo.gl/maps/FsasbprptUA2
Bring: Shovels, nail rakes, mattocks, picks, chain saw (with qualifications), Personal Protection Equipment, Rake Hoes, food and water.

These trails are the most unique trails around and will satisfy any mountain bikers apatite for adrenaline!

The last maintenance day turnout was amazing and we'll need those similar numbers to get these last 2 trails ticked off by DELWP so everyone can have a Summer of awesome LEGAL mountain biking here in Warburton!!

Really hope to see you all there!!

Attachments

frug

Likes Bikes
************UPDATE***********

Due to unforeseen circumstances these Trail Maintenance days have been postponed. We'll let you all know as soon as we can lock in future dates. Stay tuned!! Cheers Doug, YRMTB Secretary.

***** YRMTB Mount Bride Trail Maintenance Days******

2 All Mountain trails are set to open on Mount Bride.

But to get them to a legally ride-able stage, we need to begin some much needed trail maintenance on them.

As you can see by the pics, there will be a fair bit of work needed including re-constructing features, re-aligning damaged sections of trail, clearing storm damaged sections and general tidy ups.

It's going to be a massive job, so we'll need all hands on deck!!

Date: Saturday 3rd & 10th September.
Where: Meet corner of Edwardstown Rd and Mount Bride Rd Warburton.
Google Link: https://goo.gl/maps/FsasbprptUA2
Bring: Shovels, nail rakes, mattocks, picks, chain saw (with qualifications), Personal Protection Equipment, Rake Hoes, food and water.

These trails are the most unique trails around and will satisfy any mountain bikers apatite for adrenaline!

The last maintenance day turnout was amazing and we'll need those similar numbers to get these last 2 trails ticked off by DELWP so everyone can have a Summer of awesome LEGAL mountain biking here in Warburton!!

frug

Likes Bikes
****** Warburton Trails Maintenance Days Nov/Dec UPDATE ******

YRMTB are having trail maintenance days on the 19th & 20th (Nov), 26th & 27th (Nov), 3rd & 4th (Dec).

These next 3 weekends we will be concentrating our focus on the trails on Mount Bride/Tugwell.

These trails include Topbot (Tip Top), Pinhead (Top Track) and Warpij (New Flow) Track.

Lots of work to be done rebuilding jumps, fixing brake stutters, reconstructing berms and general trail maintenance.

Dates: 19th & 20th (Nov), 26th & 27th (Nov), 3rd & 4th (Dec).
Time: 9am for a 9:30am start
Meeting Point: Meet on the corner of Mount Bride Rd and Edwardstown Rd, Warburton. (bottom of Warpij)
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/nDbFQuQDuH32
What to bring: Shovels, nail rakes, mattocks, picks, chain saw (with qualifications), Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), Rake Hoes, food and water.

Everyone is welcome, so spread the word!!

You can spend as much or as little time out there. More hands make light work.

We all know how rad these trails were, so give something back to the trails and lets get them primed ready for Summer!!

If you've never ridden out here, this is the perfect opportunity to see what all the hype is about and contribute to something special!!

Update info can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/yrmtb/ (Public page, so you don't need to be a FB member to see info!!)

See ya'll there!!
Doug
YRMTB Secretary

frug

Likes Bikes
********* Trail Maintenance Day *********

******** MTB Trail Maintenance this Weekend ******

The third and final in this series of Mount Bride Trail Maintenance weekends is on THIS weekend.

Lunch will be provided Sunday by the very kind ladies at Cog Bike Cafe.

We need all hands on deck for this final weekend (in this series), to finish off trail clearing and feature building so we can get these trails open to ride....and we all want to ride!!!

There are 1614 people that like this page, so why not be more than a "Keyboard Hero" and get those hands dirty!!

I cannot stress how important it is for people to lend a hand!!

You all want to ride out here, so why not really show your support! Huge thanks to the guys that have given up their weekend days to lend a hand!

More details here: https://www.facebook.com/yrmtb/posts/1300758076625155

Weather looks the goods, so get involved!!

See ya'll there!
Doug
YRMTB Secretary.

frug

Likes Bikes
********* February Trail Maintenance Day *********

Hi all.

The next trail maintenance day is on the first weekend in Feb.

Face Book Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/206970626442505/

I know I've said it before, but this weekend should see the last weekend of constructing Hey Hey My My, before it is opened.

Day 1. (Saturday 2nd Feb)
Place: Cnr Crusher Track and Old Warburton Road, Wesburn.

With only one section of trail to finish, the light is getting brighter!
We've got to bentch out the final section of the desent and that's about it.

With a good showing, this trail will be finished and we can work on getting it officially opened!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2 (Sunday 3rd Feb)
Time:9:30am
Place: Cnr Crusher Track and Old Warburton Road, Wesburn.

With any luck Hey Hey My My will be finished and we can work on the other 2 trails. Show up here and we'll go from there.

Non-YRMTB members are more than welcome!!

You don't have to be out for the whole day, even if you can spare a few hours, that's a great help!!

Bring: Shovels, nail rakes, mattocks, picks, chain saw (with qualifications), Personal Protection Equipment, Rake Hoes, FOOD and WATER. YRMTB will supply PPE if you don't have any.

The last maintenance day turnout was amazing and we'll need those similar numbers to get this trail ticked off by DELWP so everyone can have a Summer of awesome LEGAL mountain biking here in Warburton!!

Doug
YRMTB Secretary