Warburton trail updates

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I'm busy today but I'll be out there tomorrow.

Give us an update on what got done today whenever you're able! :)

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I'm busy today but I'll be out there tomorrow.

Give us an update on what got done today whenever you're able! :)
Good turnout today and we got heaps done on Top Track. Lots of scrub cutting and raking as well as fixing up some jumps. A fair section of the track is looking absolutely mint! Don't think I've ever ridden it when it's been so nicely trimmed and free of debris. You can actually see what's ahead in the entire middle section.

Apparently Delwp are chomping at the bit to sign off on the trails and get them officially open (signage and everything), so all we're waiting on to have these awesome tracks up and running is the completion of the trail work. If you've ridden Warby and know how awesome it can be, get on board and make it happen!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Only 5 of us out there today, and it was cut short around lunch as Mat had to go.

Today we made the entrance to Warpij a little nicer and rerouted some track after the entrance while Mat and another packed a bunch of rocks into about 1.5m of trail before dropping off about 1-2ft back onto dirt before the first berm on Warpij. So like a super-mini rock garden/roller/ramp into a drop off.

Then we went back onto Pinhead (Top Track) and walked down to where you guys worked yesterday, through the mid section. It looks great through there. So clean, and great visibility.
Nice work!

We then walked back up and widened/re-routed some track slightly, chopped away some bushy crap on the sides, smoothed some bits out, created water runs and some new berms.

The tracks are almost done now, the top section of Pinhead needs a good raking/clearing, the end section I'm unsure on, then signage I guess!

Shit is looking good out there. Can't wait to get rubber back on the dirt!

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Only 5 of us out there today, and it was cut short around lunch as Mat had to go.

Today we made the entrance to Warpij a little nicer and rerouted some track after the entrance while Mat and another packed a bunch of rocks into about 1.5m of trail before dropping off about 1-2ft back onto dirt before the first berm on Warpij. So like a super-mini rock garden/roller/ramp into a drop off.

Then we went back onto Pinhead (Top Track) and walked down to where you guys worked yesterday, through the mid section. It looks great through there. So clean, and great visibility.
Nice work!

We then walked back up and widened/re-routed some track slightly, chopped away some bushy crap on the sides, smoothed some bits out, created water runs and some new berms.

The tracks are almost done now, the top section of Pinhead needs a good raking/clearing, the end section I'm unsure on, then signage I guess!

Shit is looking good out there. Can't wait to get rubber back on the dirt!
Ah that was you Ezkatron, I was out there today as well. Yeah, trail is definitely coming together - lots done over the weekend.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Oh, haha. Well how about that.

It's a shame Mat had to boot off... would've been happy to keep going for another few hours.
Should be back out next Sunday!

frug

Likes Bikes
********* Trail Maintenance Day *********

******** MTB Trail Maintenance this Weekend ******

The third and final in this series of Mount Bride Trail Maintenance weekends is on THIS weekend.

Lunch will be provided Sunday by the very kind ladies at Cog Bike Cafe.

We need all hands on deck for this final weekend (in this series), to finish off trail clearing and feature building so we can get these trails open to ride....and we all want to ride!!!

There are 1614 people that like this page, so why not be more than a "Keyboard Hero" and get those hands dirty!!

I cannot stress how important it is for people to lend a hand!!

You all want to ride out here, so why not really show your support! Huge thanks to the guys that have given up their weekend days to lend a hand!

More details here: https://www.facebook.com/yrmtb/posts/1300758076625155

Weather looks the goods, so get involved!!

See ya'll there!
Doug
YRMTB Secretary.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Couldn't make it today, but heading out tomorrow. For all of you who ride these trails, here's your chance to put in some effort to get them back in the mix! If we don't get enough people, it might not happen by the end of the year, which would be a tragedy considering that the powers that be are ready to sign off and make them 100% legal. Get on it!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
How'd you guys go yesterday?

I had to bail due to random ass stabbing pains in my upper spine/lower neck area... I could barely move my head.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
How'd you guys go yesterday?

I had to bail due to random ass stabbing pains in my upper spine/lower neck area... I could barely move my head.
Great turnout, got heaps done. Sounds like turnout was good on Sat as well, so it's nearly there! Looking good for opening by the end of the year, but might need another couple of build days. I'm going to head out during some weekdays and fix up the jumps on the very top section and give it a raking.

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Heading up to warburton soon on a family camping trip. What's rideable at the moment? I've ridden mindcrusher a couple of years ago, but thats about it. Not really interested in any of the full on downhill stuff unless it has plenty of b lines :)
Any help appreciated!

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Heading up to warburton soon on a family camping trip. What's rideable at the moment? I've ridden mindcrusher a couple of years ago, but thats about it. Not really interested in any of the full on downhill stuff unless it has plenty of b lines :)
Any help appreciated!
I'd conservatively say that Mind Crusher (aka Hey Hey My My) is the only option at the moment. Whilst the other 2 trails in question are almost complete, Matt V recently suffered an injury while riding, so probably won't be in a position to get things happening as quickly as originally planned. I'm going to try and get up there and finish off the work on top track myself, but it's not a good idea to ride it (and jumps track) until it's been officially sign posted and signed off. Not really tracks to ride unless you like more DH-style tracks and/or jumps.

r0cketsurge0n

Cannon Fodder
Why is there so little information available about the Warby MTB trails? There's a facebook page, a website and plenty of other references but there's nothing that tells me to come and ride Warby. Or am I imagining this?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Why is there so little information available about the Warby MTB trails? There's a facebook page, a website and plenty of other references but there's nothing that tells me to come and ride Warby. Or am I imagining this?
Because it's in the process of becoming legit, nothing is officially open yet AFAIK.

frug

Likes Bikes
********* February Trail Maintenance Day *********

Hi all.

The next trail maintenance day is on the first weekend in Feb.

Face Book Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/206970626442505/

I know I've said it before, but this weekend should see the last weekend of constructing Hey Hey My My, before it is opened.

Day 1. (Saturday 2nd Feb)
Time: 9:30am
Place: Cnr Crusher Track and Old Warburton Road, Wesburn.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/SZpNDhJ2bf92

With only one section of trail to finish, the light is getting brighter!
We've got to bentch out the final section of the desent and that's about it.

With a good showing, this trail will be finished and we can work on getting it officially opened!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2 (Sunday 3rd Feb)
Time:9:30am
Place: Cnr Crusher Track and Old Warburton Road, Wesburn.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/SZpNDhJ2bf92

With any luck Hey Hey My My will be finished and we can work on the other 2 trails. Show up here and we'll go from there.

Non-YRMTB members are more than welcome!!

You don't have to be out for the whole day, even if you can spare a few hours, that's a great help!!

Bring: Shovels, nail rakes, mattocks, picks, chain saw (with qualifications), Personal Protection Equipment, Rake Hoes, FOOD and WATER. YRMTB will supply PPE if you don't have any.

These trails are the most unique trails around and will satisfy any mountain bikers apatite for adrenaline!

The last maintenance day turnout was amazing and we'll need those similar numbers to get this trail ticked off by DELWP so everyone can have a Summer of awesome LEGAL mountain biking here in Warburton!!

Really hope to see you all there!!

Doug
YRMTB Secretary

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's not quite dead in the water, but nothing is going to happen for some time.
Big blow to the area and locals who had already invested in business and housing around the town.

Initial chatter was that trail would be running for Xmas 2020 - Such a bummer

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I deal with shires a fair bit for community cinemas. Last week three different shires told me the vic state government is calling weekly asking for projects to fund, that they are desperate to spend money and get press releases out for some good news. The Dandenong Ranges Shire, from the outside looking in, seems keen. Don't loose hope. A shire has a much better voice in these matters then any community/special interest group ever will. Sure there is a lot about shire's I don't like, but many I deal with are pretty good.

I have some lovely behind closed doors conversations with shires about how fucked up the volunteer groups are. A shire is a great intermediary between the volunteers/special interest group and state gov as it provides a filter and a realistic approach with religious dogma removed.

The shire will no doubt understand how many visitors a Derby like destination on the mainland will attract.