Warburton trail updates

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Sorry was busy.

What was the general consensus?
I mostly only caught the first 10 minutes or so and a bit at the end. MTB callers were really calm and well-reasoned. Sadly, the program host was very much "So, what can we do to stop MTBers 'bush-bashing' and running down walkers?" Callers were on-point pushing mental wellbeing, getting outdoors, fitness, social activity, good outdoor recreational activity for youth, inclusiveness for women and children (Host: "Oh, because the image is very much that's it's 'boy's club' and women aren't typically included?"). It was frustrating to say the least. Ended with the nimbys too to give them final say.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I mostly only caught the first 10 minutes or so and a bit at the end. MTB callers were really calm and well-reasoned. Sadly, the program host was very much "So, what can we do to stop MTBers 'bush-bashing' and running down walkers?" Callers were on-point pushing mental wellbeing, getting outdoors, fitness, social activity, good outdoor recreational activity for youth, inclusiveness for women and children (Host: "Oh, because the image is very much that's it's 'boy's club' and women aren't typically included?"). It was frustrating to say the least. Ended with the nimbys too to give them final say.
Thanks for the update @beeb I wasn't able to listen in (my wife just alerted me it was coming up). Glad the community represented themselves well even if the host was a little biased.

Flow-Rider

Burner
But walking trails are so perfecto.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Someone I know is a state Labor Party member and lives in Warburton, they typically volunteer for state and fed elections for months in the lead up and are very active in the party. They won’t talk about preselection for Eildon and tell me the mtb park project isn’t being discussed between party members.

No Victorian Labor Party member has been confirmed running in the Eildon seat. Don’t know if they even will?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
No night rides

Closure on "High" fire danger days....
Great news re approval. Wooohooo

I read that in the report too re night riding. It’s jumpy at shadows I believed, but it’s insignificant in the scheme of the park getting up. I’ve ridden Lysterfield, Plenty Gorge, Redhill and Buxton at night extensively. Never anyone around, Lystie gets a few at times, but it’s minimal. The other parks you are utterly on your own from sunset. Plus Warby being non metro makes it even harder for night adventures.

Last edited: