WARRINGAH COUNCIL Mountain Biking in Warringah Research and Directions - Draft

sly_artichoke

Likes Dirt
A link to this arrived in my inbox today. It's a weighty document of around 90 pages, so I've yet to look in detail, but it looks thorough.

Here's the link.

http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/com...AFT_Mountain_Biking_In_Warringah_Nov_2011.pdf

Have a read and let Warringah Council know your thoughts. The more support the better, and to achieve this type of document from the planners shows they're serious about it. The main issue is, and always will be, the numerous land managers involved.

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Big Thanks to Council!

I was very surprised by the effort they have gone to, and the research involved, also well done to the mountain bike community for the comment numbers, and to all those involved behind the scenes.

Great idea's for example: Red hill formalization, Links to Dam from Burnt Bridge, Downhill

Had a quick scan through, very, very long doc, Looks good but needs work, especially on the trails side of things, many trails are not shown on the maps that need to be formalized.

I could have missed something but after a quick look, Other than belrose tip in 5years for Very short polluted DH runs without trees, it all seems very XC focused

Downhill/Freeride and All mountain need more attention considering the very large numbers of respondents in those disiplines

Will have a long look next week and post up more comments

unitec

Likes Dirt
Very XC Biased

For a quick scan you pretty much got it in one.
The research is great however they ignore it all to focus on XC oportunities.
Responses need to be in before 15th December so don't take too long.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
To me, this reads like a typical council plan of management, which are good documents generally for detailing subject matter, but as mentioned are bloody long, which is unfortunate as most people I know don't have the time to read a 100 page document.

The xc nature of the document depicts the lack of knowledge by those who put it together imo, probably the natural resources department or landscape architects. I noticed that they referenced Pittwater Councils natural resources manager, which leads me to believe that they are taking an environmental approach to the situation which is good, but they need to understand that we enjoy varied terrain.

I will try to write a letter in the next few days with comment.

sly_artichoke

Likes Dirt
Remember that this is a research paper, yet to be adopted by Council. Flick them a quick email saying that you support the general direction of the document, with whatever additions, or changes you think should happen. The more responses from the MTB community the better, and showing we're interested in all disciplines of the sport.

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Hi all, Action Needed, 2 days left to comment!

We need to create some momentum here, if you have had a look, post up you comments and also email them into council

If you haven't looked at the Doc, you need to do so now, as we only have until the COB 15/12/2011

The future of Northern Beaches biking XC/AM/DH/FR/DJ/BMX is in our hands, we need to act

Is the Doc perfect? does it need work?, if so in what area's? Let them know.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Yeah report seems thorough. I think Belrose tip site will happen and should.

In agreeance with whats been said, it does need to focus on more All-Mountain and gravity.

Dwain

Squid
Very happy to see this. :clap2:

I do mainly ride gravity and this is a small important step towards bigger things for Sydney.

As I work in a Sydney retail store that sells products to cyclists, I do know that we are experiencing significant growth year after year mainly with mtb'rs.

I am happy to see this as it is also a great step for the industry.

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Only A Few Hours Left!

Nows your last chance to help shape the future of Northern Beaches Mountain biking

Send a quick email with your suggestions

Have you helped out yet?

A lot of opinions about research and directions, so we will be accomplish a best direction for best outcomes so this will then possible if we will taking a best action so be energetic all matters.