Watchmen

carpo_jnr

Likes Dirt
Don't worry, it is totally different to the cartoon... A lot darker
Very twisted - not bright and happy like that.
All I will say is be prepared for some gore... it is the opposite of that cartoon

frostbite

Likes Dirt
I got what they were trying to do, but I thought it was incredibly long and honestly not that great. They did a good job of portraying the watchmen as human but somehow I couldnt get the suspension of disbelief that the recent batmen movies bought about.

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
Never read the comics, went & saw the film last night. Just another film IMO - if it hadn't been for catching up with friends I wouldn't have bothered.

Starting to think Sin City will be the only 'graphics novel turned film' movie I'll ever enjoy.....

cam.w

Likes Bikes
I got what they were trying to do, but I thought it was incredibly long and honestly not that great. They did a good job of portraying the watchmen as human but somehow I couldnt get the suspension of disbelief that the recent batmen movies bought about.
BUT, the Batman movies are awsome. Not alot will reach where they went, espesh the second one. Having said that, i haven't even seen the watchmen so i'm really just shooting blanks.

suG

Likes Dirt
i saw it last night i liked it quite a bit. i agree it was pretty dark. not as good as batman but as a graphic novel movie i thought it was pretty good.
Too much penis

Ryan

Radministrator
Read the book first, probably the best comic/graphic novel I've ever read. Super deep, dark and generally awesome. Can't wait to see the film.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Saw it yesterday arvo. It's amazingly shot with an incredible attention detail in the set and costume design, superb special effects and some absolutely wincing graphic violence - particularly whenever Rorshach is on screen and with the exception of the ending (which I'm not really sure on) it's incredibly faithful to the original book.

If you're a fan of the novel you'll check it out anyway but if you've never read it before I'd go see it. It's a damn fine piece of work

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
I thought it was visually fantastic, but I never really got into the actual storyline - I think if I'd seen the comics first I may have been able to follow the story a bit better.

....some absolutely wincing graphic violence - particularly whenever Rorshach is on screen
Definite +1 to this....

dh damo

Likes Dirt
I went to see it last night, it just went for to long i think and some talking part's got really boring like really really. I would give it 2 out of 10, but if you like long movie's and men you will love it.

nick_sixx

Likes Dirt
i saw it wednesday night for free (thank you myspace) and i absolutely loved it. I'd only read one comic before seeing it, but it was still amazing. Very well done. And it had a proper sex scene too which was good. Very dark, but still very funny

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
That was a pretty damn fine movie. Pretty damn fine indeed. It wasn't the book, but you can't really expect it to be.

I went to see it last night, it just went for to long i think and some talking part's got really boring like really really. I would give it 2 out of 10
You're probably the wrong audience for a movie like this. It wasn't made for children. And if you didn't like the movie, you'd hate the book (it's got all those words and stuff)! They actually beefed up the action sequences quite a lot for the movie.

And if you didn't like the bits where the characters actually talked to each other (Gawd, like, what's that all about?) rather than punching each other, be grateful they didn't put all the pirate stuff in.

but if you like long movie's and men you will love it.
"...and men"? Are you referring to Doctor Manhattan's Dong Of Ultimate Power?

Last edited: