4. 2:23.05 RAGOT Emmeline (FRA) +3.46
5. 2:23.47 GRIFFITHS Fionn (GBR) +3.88

Full Results: Men
Full Results: Women

Last edited:

cjaty

Likes Dirt
whats the go?

A two minute WC DH track.Whats the go with that?I thought there was a UCI minimum lenght or time seems a bit short.Still good to see KC up there

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cjaty said:
A two minute WC DH track.Whats the go with that?I thought there was a UCI minimum lenght or time seems a bit short.Still good to see KC up there
Yep, ands its pretty flat, with big jumps which means its basically a 2 minute pedalling fest and the only rest is in the air....

Wasnt expecting Hill to go too well because of what I just said above. Good to see a fair few Aussies in the top 15.

Sam

kizza01

Likes Dirt
Superman said:
Yep, ands its pretty flat, with big jumps which means its basically a 2 minute pedalling fest and the only rest is in the air....

Wasnt expecting Hill to go too well because of what I just said above. Good to see a fair few Aussies in the top 15.

Sam
That said, Cedric should have been up there if the track was like that.

timmyDH

Looks like it really was like a bmx track. Pretty sure this shot is from finals.
Thanks for the link F.H.B

Attachments

Last edited:

Ryan

Radministrator
Crazy short track, pretty sure the UCI does have rules about that but ignores them on a case by case basis to suit its needs.

Good tracks usually have a large spread of winning times because they are so physically / technically demanding that the best riders really stand out eg; at Fort William top 50 spread was 25 seconds. At Willingen, only 10 seconds seperated first and 50th.

toodles

Wheel size expert
Ha ha.... Mick Hannah showed the course the respect it deserved.... he raced it with single crowns...

sruge

Likes Dirt
Standings

Anybody know a link where you can look up the standings? Must be pretty tight at this stage and I'm thinking Rennie must be very close to the top of the table.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
UCI points ?

Just looking at the UCI points standings , and I must be missing something obvious here , but when 1st place at a world cup awards 250 points , how come Sam only got 240 at Fort William ? Theres lots of odd numbers in there actually. Page 47 of this document shows the points to be:
1st : 250
2nd : 200
3rd : 160
4th : 150
5th : 140

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cooper said:
i think qualifing comes into it
You're right . From page 40 of UCI rules

Place....Points (Qualifying points in brackets)

1..........200 (50)
2..........160 (40)
3..........140 (30)
4..........125 (25)
5..........110 (20) etc.

So Sam qualified 2nd and won the race in Scotland = 200 + 40 pts.

Thanks for the tip.:)

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Ryan said:
Good tracks usually have a large spread of winning times because they are so physically / technically demanding that the best riders really stand out eg; at Fort William top 50 spread was 25 seconds. At Willingen, only 10 seconds seperated first and 50th.
The course length is a variable too though. You have to look at the spread in terms of a percentage of the winning time. In this case the spread is quite similar between Ft William and Willingen.