WC round 7 Meribel, FRA

driftking

Wheel size expert
I know we are 2 weeks out but, with footage appearing of the track already I think it was a good time to get this up early.

Here is the track preview
[video=youtube;uKFlUndfPMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKFlUndfPMc[/video]

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
It looks friggen awesome!!! Great track for the decider. Speaking of which, do you know how many people could mathematically still be in the running to take the overall? I'm thinking at least 3 - Josh, Troy and Arron, possibly Hill??

DH'er_28

Likes Dirt
It looks friggen awesome!!! Great track for the decider. Speaking of which, do you know how many people could mathematically still be in the running to take the overall? I'm thinking at least 3 - Josh, Troy and Arron, possibly Hill??
Track looks so good, could see someone smash it apart like the days of 2005 - 2007 where Sam Hill put 4 seconds plus into the field on tracks like this.
Here's the current overall standings:

1 BRYCELAND Josh GBR 1007
2 BROSNAN Troy AUS 964
3 GWIN Aaron USA 925
4 HILL Samuel AUS 802

With 250 points on offer for winning both qualifying and finals, Sam is technically in the running - however, this would require for Sam to win and Ratboy to land less than 45 points, which would probably only happen with a crash or mechanical. The gap between Troy and Josh is only 43 points, and Gwinny is only 82 off - so any of these 3 could easily take the overall. Should be an awesome finish, would love Hill to win the race and Troy to take 2nd and the overall :D

scblack

Leucocholic
How awesome would it be to see Troy take the overall.

Agreed, would love Sam to win, Troy second and take overall.

Can't wait for this one.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
First person to say this track sucks is banned and they owe me a 1kg bucket of M&M's.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Just watched Claudios course preview on Vital . Wow , what a venue to decide the overall . This is one fast track with Claudio claiming not one pedal stroke from the start . I could see Sam Hill stomping this one .

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It's Sam's for the taking. If it isn't Sam then I reckon we'll see another first time winner. It'll be interesting to see what fast line is picked in some spots, there's a few choices.

scblack

Leucocholic
Just watched Claudios course preview on Vital . Wow , what a venue to decide the overall . This is one fast track with Claudio claiming not one pedal stroke from the start . I could see Sam Hill stomping this one .
The way Troy Brosnan has been riding I reckon he has a big chance too. Either Aussie will do!

morticus

Likes Dirt
Whoever can keep off the brakes and ride the track the smoothest is going to take it. After watching Ratboy last race, who seemed to pedal less and carry more speed, I think its hard to go past him. Both Hill and Hart are going to be fun to watch though for the balls to the wall speed.

1.Ratboy
2.Hill
3.Hart
4.Troy
5.Gwin

This track is going to sort the men from the boys...

http://live.redbull.tv/events/366/2014-uci-mtb-world-cup-9-meribel-dhi/

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
carn Sam ... ratboy close second :whistle:

Looks awesome ay... best looking track so far this year. This is how they all should be I reckon. To win here I guess you have to be creative and find good lines, it's line-choice the whole way. Most tracks we've been going to you just walk down and you can tell what's coming up. Here you have to walk down and see what's further on and then walk back up again and figure out how to get into it - Sam Hill - Chain Reaction Cycles/Nukeproof

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/trackwalk-meribel-dh-world-cup-7.html

driftking

Wheel size expert
brilliant track, both the men and women are so close in their respective leader boards it should make for a interesting race.
if its a line choice track ill also be curious to see how fearon goes, past races seem like his pretty creative with his lines.

Last edited:

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
brilliant track, both the men and women are so close in their respective leader boards it should make for a interesting race.
if its a line choice track ill also be curious to see how fearon goes, past races seem like his pretty creative with his lines.
I'm so amped for this race, perfect timing on a Saturday night as well. Hoping for 1. Hill 2. Brosnan, and Condog to hang it out with his crazy style.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
carn Sam ... ratboy close second :whistle:

Looks awesome ay... best looking track so far this year. This is how they all should be I reckon. To win here I guess you have to be creative and find good lines, it's line-choice the whole way. Most tracks we've been going to you just walk down and you can tell what's coming up. Here you have to walk down and see what's further on and then walk back up again and figure out how to get into it - Sam Hill - Chain Reaction Cycles/Nukeproof

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/trackwalk-meribel-dh-world-cup-7.html
Sounds like he might be excited in a quiet Sam Hill kind of way . Can`t wait , even Claudio said all the guys have been asking for a track like this for months .

aanon

Likes Dirt
This is gonna be a blinder for sure, I reckon Kona Fearon could well get his best result of the year.

driftking

Wheel size expert
timed practice, not that they really mean much these days, But for those who are curious.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/results-world-cup-round-7-meribel-timed-training-2014.html

I'm hoping for Hill to take the win and troy for the overall.
That would cap it off nicely.

Be good to see mick get a decent finish too now his back.

Lots of rider to watch here. Ill be watching blinky, and thirion, two riders who really can turn it on in the steep tech, I see them as the two dark horses that come to mind. Ill be watching for fearon for a good result here, hopefully he can crack the top ten here, and bruni is another one Im curious about as a potential dark horse.

Last edited:

WBA92

Likes Bikes
What time does live coverage of the race start?

Is it the standard 4:15AM Sunday morning as it has been the last couple rounds?