Wehrmacht- the special armed force, up and rollin'

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
2012 Armybikeco Wehrmacht Handmade in Arequipa, Peru, South America.

Speclist:

Main:
Armybikeco Wehrmacht medium frame (63 HA, 428mm chain stays, full floating linkage, cro-mo 4.7kg, 9.5" travel, 1.5 or 1 1/8 headtube, 73mm or 83mm or 100mm bb, 135 or 150mm rear axle choice, 27.2mm post)
Marzocchi 888 RV's ( looking for replacement eventually)
2012-13 X-fusion O2 RCX w/AVA sleeve in 9.5 x 3.0 stroke ( testing)
Dartmoor headset

Cockpit/brakes:

THE grips
Dartmoor nitro stem
Hope 50mm stem ( will be replaced with dartmoor rage direct mount eventually.)
Hope tech Brakes, silver lever, silver caps, braided lines.
Hope tech v2 pistons
Shimano saint rotors 203mm
Dartmoor alloy rotor bolts

Drivetrain:

Raceface respond cranks
Dartmoor sting 38t chain ring
Dartmoor blade guide
Dartmoor fever pedals, so damn good and 380g.
YBN 9spd red chain
Sram cassette
Sram x9 shifter
Sram x9 derailleur
Clarks cable- cant get my hands on xtr inner for some reason?

saddle/post/clamp:

Dartmoor lite pivotal seat
Dartmoor pivotal 27.2mm
Dartmoor 31.8mm clamp

Wheelset:
Aireal 150mm rear hub (spare kickin')
Dartmoor liteforce 20mm front
Dartmoor fortress rims
Dartmoor ano red spokes
Dartmoor nipples
Geax DH rubber (replacing with Arrow racing ramped bite kevlar)
2.35" tubes standard FR

total weight: 19.47kg, mid to high 17's achievable with lighter cranks/ring/forks/rubber/rims etc.

Last edited:

danthebloke

Likes Dirt
put on your glasses.

look a liitle harder its rite behind the seat tube ,its probably designed like that for protection from land mines and sniper fire:very_drunk:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Nice one, what is the HA?
Looks slack.
63 degrees, she's slack, and theres a shock in there guys, im testing the 240mm 02RCX FR shock on it for DIY, not really any long tracks to cook it and it handled well on the wish in the smaller stroke. It won't be as slack as it looks, as shock needs bushings to fit, at the moment its just resting on the shock eyelets.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Well for the first time, I'm a fan of the floating linkage, I've been VERY impressed by how thing pedals, and through the rocks are definitely it's strength! It's not the easiest bike to get into and control in the air, but keep it planted and its proving rather lethal, Cromo is a different ball game to alloy, finding it helps take the edge off bottom out which is nice. Seat post angle is abit slack, other wise CS and head angle are very nice.

air shock/ feels like arse stationary, get it warm and up to speed and it's a whole new ball game, tis on the money, the key will be longevity under a 95kg rider.

need to get some new forks though, they hold it back, but for me their alright.

weight is 19.47kg with dual plys/ 2.35 tubes/ the 888s and heavy cranks/ heaviest Dartmoor rims and old aerial rear hub. could get into the 17s, not bad for a cromo rig. ;)

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
Where did you take those photos?
BTW get your arse up here. Have you read that latest AMB? I live in the best place in .au!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Still the no. 1 best riding bike to the day. Makes me want to try a propain. Or a new carbon jack, wasn't pumped by the old one..

Last edited: