Welcome! An E biking area for E bikers and those interested in E Biking

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
What’s a good ebike up to $3500 for general use up to and including gravel, fire trails, single track etc?

Jabubu

let you google that for me
My friend rides an old 29er XC hardtail and he's pretty handy on a bike. Some younger e-bikers commented on his bike saying "That's a pretty old bike isn't it?" to which he replied "Oh ebikes, they're pretty good for people with disabilities aren't they?"

Solid burn :D

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A new take on a e bike conversion.

Adding 3 kg to the side of the rear chain stay might make the bike a little awkward to ride.
I do like the idea of converting my hard tail quickly for commuter duties with out going full e bike.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment

Adding 3 kg to the side of the rear chain stay might make the bike a little awkward to ride.
I do like the idea of converting my hard tail quickly for commuter duties with out going full e bike.
"Our cycling experts have carefully tested the balance of a bike with Skarper attached. The weight of the Skarper is similar to the drive chain system on the right hand side of the bike (Skarper mounts on the left). Just like you do not feel the weight of the derailleur - you will not notice the weight of the Skarper. This is because the unit is leightweight and is mounted low and close to the bikes centre of gravity."

Brow

Big Block

Sounds like some smart people behind it. A bit over $2500 AUD might be a good option for commuting using a hardtail and still be able to go out bush without it. I will be keeping an eye on them when released. Not going to pony up that amount, however, before it proves itself in the real world. Let others be the guinea pigs.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Sounds like some smart people behind it. A bit over $2500 AUD might be a good option for commuting using a hardtail and still be able to go out bush without it. I will be keeping an eye on them when released. Not going to pony up that amount, however, before it proves itself in the real world. Let others be the guinea pigs.
At that price it seems to me bound to fail.

For the same price you could have yourself a brand new electric eeb with warranty etc.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
"Our cycling experts have carefully tested the balance of a bike with Skarper attached. The weight of the Skarper is similar to the drive chain system on the right hand side of the bike (Skarper mounts on the left). Just like you do not feel the weight of the derailleur - you will not notice the weight of the Skarper. This is because the unit is leightweight and is mounted low and close to the bikes centre of gravity."
"HIGH PERFORMANCE E-BIKES THAT DON'T REQUIRE WHEEL OR FRAME MODIFICATIONS"
How does it replace the disk rotor? Looks a bit like a centre lock spline. How would this fit a 6 bolt rotor?