Welcome! An E biking area for E bikers and those interested in E Biking

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
E biking is becoming more of a thing worldwide. We're seeing some increase in traffic requesting a place to talk about E biking on Rotorburn and we're happy to say that this is it!
Some people are new to the understanding of E biking so we'll ask that everyone participating in this area is either an E biker already or a requesting info on E biking because they are interested. We're mountain bikers on this site and do not in any way condone the conversation of anything other than pedal assist bikes. That means any talk of throttle bikes (Stealth Bikes etc) will get you banned.
Enjoy the new forum area and as always, please keep on topic and report anything that isn't a valuable part of the discussion.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Having a riding buddy on a Turbo Levo, it's great for building fitness. He's like the bloody terminator T-1000, I turn around and he's still bloody there.

Z

Zaf

@moorey I did, just screenshot before entering my deets (well, and slightly less obnoxious phrasing. But kept the gist of the 4000km max vs a sealed system).
Knowing our luck, even if they do create a gearbox, it'll have it's own proprietary mounting system that will be completely incompatible with any other competitors though.
Gearbox DUB standard.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I've always seen people say that ebikes just help people get up the hill a bit faster and extend their riding and that they ahpuld be allowed anywhere mtbs are as they dont go any faster. That video with Tim C he says they're going faster and harder which isn't great marketing when you consider the push to keep them on mtb trails unlike other motored bikes.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Speaking to a bloke on the trails that I've known for a while and he's owned few a Haibikes. He told me that he goes through a chain every 700kms and motors last 3000kms which is a years riding for the motor, the motors have a 2 year warranty. How much extra torque can you put through to the back wheel if you can wear a chain out in 700kms, he said that the new model was going to a motorbike style chain.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
That really does epitomise the phrase "sell out" doesn't it?
It doesn't if he actually believes in what he is saying and is not merely saying it for a pay check but wouldn't go near one otherwise.
cant help but think that Chris Cornell got sick of hearing about Timmys bike, and checked out early
Another one more reason to hate on the Big 'S'. One of the local trails gets its name after their top tier fleet, Newcastle riders will know what I'm talking about.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How much extra torque can you put through to the back wheel if you can wear a chain out in 700kms, he said that the new model was going to a motorbike style chain.
Well for me, it’s about twice as much torque.. my chains last about 1600 odd km..