Welcome! An E biking area for E bikers and those interested in E Biking

binner

Hath shat hymself
^^^^^It's only going to get better in time..... good to read you enjoyed it and got some good rides in.....

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Anyone got suggestions for a solid af 8 speed chain? Mine is on it's second replacement and barely done 1000kms.

My road chain lasts really long and the MTB a little less. I guess the extra power combined with grit really does destroy these things.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Wipperman Connex and KMC both make e-bike specific chains. Those would be my picks.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll declare my interest - i have a Trek Powerfly FS7 2018 , and it is awesome !

Really wanted the 2019 LT9 but the runout deal was tooooooo good on the 'old model '

I will at some point upgrade the front forks - the new brakes are possibly better being 4 piston jobs - but I'm not a super duper rider and they haven't let me down yet . zero fade , no lack of stopping power and I'm a fat fuck @ 100kg plus bike , big hills and more ambition than ability !

To over share , I've down just under 500km since Oct 8 on it . My other bikes have been ridden once - i actually put new tyres on my other FS bike and have not ridden it .

The E-mtbs are addictive , you will push harder and longer than normal . But the reward is there , uphills are no longer a struggle for me with two buggered hips and a shitty knee - medical diagnosis not withstanding .

If you want to know more ( or live in Melbourne ) I'm happy to show you around it - as a real life test on trails you know .

I can highly recommend the Trek owned stores Esp Hoppers Crossing .
They were very understanding and more than willing to let me take an expensive item out to 'demo , 'to test , go as hard as you like ' .

There are a couple of stores in Melbourne that said the car pack is all you need ( get ) .......
Like you i wanted to be sure , and the couple of things i'd change are not deal breakers for me - esp as the price was super . I will upgrade , as the tech will get better and the weight will come down .
The new stuff coming out of Europe is fantastic and very sleek .

Try one , it is a serious game changer for how you view the MTB as a sport , it has made me a lot more adventurous as in exploring further , and to date i haven't run it out of juice .

The only criteria i had was it had to be a Mountain Bike first - so fully capable and second an E-Mtb .

Happy to chat , maybe i should do a proper review ......

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll declare my interest - i have a Trek Powerfly FS7 2018 , and it is awesome !

Really wanted the 2019 LT9 but the runout deal was tooooooo good on the 'old model '

I will at some point upgrade the front forks - the new brakes are possibly better being 4 piston jobs - but I'm not a super duper rider and they haven't let me down yet . zero fade , no lack of stopping power and I'm a fat fuck @ 100kg plus bike , big hills and more ambition than ability !

To over share , I've down just under 500km since Oct 8 on it . My other bikes have been ridden once - i actually put new tyres on my other FS bike and have not ridden it .

The E-mtbs are addictive , you will push harder and longer than normal . But the reward is there , uphills are no longer a struggle for me with two buggered hips and a shitty knee - medical diagnosis not withstanding .

If you want to know more ( or live in Melbourne ) I'm happy to show you around it - as a real life test on trails you know .

I can highly recommend the Trek owned stores Esp Hoppers Crossing .
They were very understanding and more than willing to let me take an expensive item out to 'demo , 'to test , go as hard as you like ' .

There are a couple of stores in Melbourne that said the car pack is all you need ( get ) .......
Like you i wanted to be sure , and the couple of things i'd change are not deal breakers for me - esp as the price was super . I will upgrade , as the tech will get better and the weight will come down .
The new stuff coming out of Europe is fantastic and very sleek .

Try one , it is a serious game changer for how you view the MTB as a sport , it has made me a lot more adventurous as in exploring further , and to date i haven't run it out of juice .

The only criteria i had was it had to be a Mountain Bike first - so fully capable and second an E-Mtb .

Happy to chat , maybe i should do a proper review ......
Yep do a post your ride with pics and review please

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought a new moto... I mean e-bike.
No need for excuses, I'm from a moto background and I bought this for grin factor, looking forward to it.
N+1 not to replace my mountain bikes.

Norco Sight VLT GX. (Same colours as my last moto , Yamaha WR ;) )
My schedule is hectic so might not get a change to go motorbiking for a few weeks but it's going to be sick.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Had a guy's mid drive completely explode on the commute home yesterday when I was drafting like mad on the roadie (non-e). Quite the crunch and the poor bloke lost all power - thankfully they could still pedal home albeit on a heavy bike.