Welcome to America....

stirk

Burner
Don't worry, be happy.

[video=youtube_share;1UXAT1_LVFY]https://youtu.be/1UXAT1_LVFY[/video]

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
That whole story is alarming. The guy swerves and avoids an RBT, does a runner from a pursuing Police car, stops on the road then gets a single armed officer knock on his window with a gun, get s out and laid flat. He then gets charged with drink driving.......................The judge then lets him off from his drink driving charge and hassles the Copper for doing his job.
Fuck me, the justice system is working well. The crooks are getting off with a payout while the Police are getting in the shit for drawing a gun they are trained to use when they see the need arise!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
That whole story is alarming. The guy swerves and avoids an RBT, does a runner from a pursuing Police car, stops on the road then gets a single armed officer knock on his window with a gun, get s out and laid flat. He then gets charged with drink driving.......................The judge then lets him off from his drink driving charge and hassles the Copper for doing his job.
Fuck me, the justice system is working well. The crooks are getting off with a payout while the Police are getting in the shit for drawing a gun they are trained to use when they see the need arise!
Ummm. Yes the driver was in the wrong for doing a runner to avoid a RBT - but did he deserve a fucking gun pulled on him and a knee slammed in his back?

This cop should at best lose his job. His crime was far in excess of the driver's.

Banging the gun like that on the window its a wonder he didnt blow the driver's head off...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Ummm. Yes the driver was in the wrong for doing a runner to avoid a RBT - but did he deserve a gin pulled on him and a knee slammed in his back?

This cop should at best lose his job. His crime was far in excess of the driver's.

Banging the gun like on the window its a wonder he didnt blow the driver's head off...
I reckon him saying he felt the need to pull his gun because he felt intimidated was a pretty good call. The judge then argued his notion saying "oh well clearly there's one person in the car and there's street lights on" is the kind of instance where the Cop should have said to her in a stupid voice "You weren't there fatty!" and walked off.
I don't want to see Police shooting people but I do want to see the Police enforcing the things that protect me. In hindsight, the Police officer would probably have waited for back up and not gone all Rambo but he made a call on the spot......................and went Rambo.

Haakon

Complete bullshit. There was no issue with the driver - just look at the way he gets a knee in the back. He had complied immediatly and was lying still, and yet the cop slammed his knee into his back with force. That would have fucking hurt and could have seriously injured him.

Cop was an agressive fuckhead and should be sacked.

stirk

Burner
In the video I posted the criminal gets two knees to the back of the head when he is being compliant laying face down. Must be standard procedure and with all the ice heads they deal with I can't blame the police for making sure the are in control of the situation.

Haakon

Still not buying it. Control was not an issue with this one, the guy was lying on the ground perfectly still for some time while the cop put his gun away and casually pulled out the handcuffs. The knee was just a vindictive agressive arsehole getting his kicks.

mtb1611

Seymour
Ummm. Yes the driver was in the wrong for doing a runner to avoid a RBT - but did he deserve a fucking gun pulled on him and a knee slammed in his back?

Banging the gun like that on the window its a wonder he didnt blow the driver's head off...
Heavy-handed and excessive, yes the gun and knee to the back were completely unnecessary; his "crime" worse than the driver's? Please.....next you'll be suggesting that a person who does a runner on a RBT station, crashes into a car and kills a family should be shown leniency; after all, he did a runner because after seeing this video he was worried that he may become a victim of police crime.

I agree that the cop was heavy handed, however "no issue with this driver", that's a joke, right? This guy - and anyone who deliberately endangers the lives of other road users - is someone I have no empathy/sympathy for him whatsoever.

Offenders so often get off because of judges like the one he faced and because of people who seem more intent on upholding the 'rights" of criminals than they do on valuing public safety.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...but did the driver do a runner? There was no finding relating to that expressed in the article, just circumstantial information that he turned off before reaching the RBT station. The police officer also falsely asserted to have breathalysed the driver. At what stage was this fellow actually breathalysed or given some other form of blood alcohol testing?

Drink driving is a terrible crime, and getting off the hook on loose technicalities sucks.

Based solely on the information presented (and my interpretation) in the article this officer's actions were very out of line. A drawn gun to check license and breath? That's bullshit. I'd wager large sums of money this police officer has a small penis and struggles to achieve or maintain an election. He probably kicks his dog, sprays the neighbour's cat with the hose and as a child probably tortured animals. There is no other reason for his current behaviour, surely we all see this? I've been rough housed by the force a few times without reason. Some people just need to feel like they have authority/power. It is disappointing that some occupations attract such people and the good among them are eclipsed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And the longer excessive force is tolerated or excused ("if he wasn't breaking the law..."), the worse it gets. There should be a well enforced process for dealing with this kind of behaviour. We don't tolerate corruption among police, unnecessary violence shouldn't be either. The reality is our society is generally a peaceful one. The force should reflect that.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Based solely on the information presented (and my interpretation) in the article this officer's actions were very out of line. A drawn gun to check license and breath? That's bullshit. I'd wager large sums of money this police officer has a small penis and struggles to achieve or maintain an election.
Hahaha, auto correct? Who knows, maybe he couldn't run a successful election? ;)

I'll bet a third testicle that the Police ran the plate of the car and this guy has prior's or he is a known local fuckwit that doesn't get caught slipping up often enough and needs to be caught in the act and removed from society. I'll also gamble that he gave the judge a mad she-hummer before and after the hearing.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think its worth doing a bit of self reflection there Dozer. The impression I've gotten from you over the years is that you're more than happy to use a bit of force and intimidation yourself when you think it's appropriate - I think this would be a good example of your personal beliefs being different to the majority, rather than our justice system not 'working well'.

Ultimately, we don't know any more than what we've been shown and what a court has upheld. In this instance the officer was out of line, and should be reprimanded as the powers that be see fit.

Haakon

I'll bet a third testicle that the Police ran the plate of the car and this guy has prior's or he is a known local fuckwit that doesn't get caught slipping up often enough and needs to be caught in the act and removed from society. I'll also gamble that he gave the judge a mad she-hummer before and after the hearing.
And how is any of that speculation justification even if true...?

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ultimately, we don't know any more than what we've been shown and what a court has upheld. In this instance the officer was out of line, and should be reprimanded as the powers that be see fit.
Yep, there was only a bit of video and two people there. To me it looked like the knee was overkill. The gun? - I'll reserve judgement.

What annoys me most in this case is that the driver got off DUI due to a technicality and is probably out thee doing it again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hahaha, auto correct? Who knows, maybe he couldn't run a successful election? ;)

See if the police officer was able to get a raging boner up, he could have driven home his case and the she-hummer would've been fruitless!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I think its worth doing a bit of self reflection there Dozer. The impression I've gotten from you over the years is that you're more than happy to use a bit of force and intimidation yourself when you think it's appropriate - I think this would be a good example of your personal beliefs being different to the majority, rather than our justice system not 'working well'.
Absolutely no question, you're spot on. I am always quick to say that for a person to be a police officer or someone in a position to assert authority means you have to have some confidence (arrogance even) to act on a situation. There's the folks who are too aggressive about potential conflict and they don't last as successful Police officers but end up in other lines of work that still allow them to be over assertive cockheads.
Off topic of sorts: I could never be a Police officer or any sort of person to officiate the law. I've been asked to referee a bunch of sports games but I could just never do it. I am very intolerant of people doing stupid shit and do like to see them get their just deserts and nowadays, that's considered an old fashioned outlook on things. Make no mistake though, I'll be the first guy in a group full of people who don't know each other to say G'day and get along, I love meeting new folks on the trails and having a beer with mates of mates I haven't met before and I rarely chuck a wobbly unless it's worthwhile.

I was thinking about this thread at lunch time when I went home to lift weights and punch the punching bag and wondered if this discussion is the most Australian's would act on alleged Police brutally and compared it to how things blow up in America with people going way over the top and shooting Police. Can this be a great example of how good we have it or even how much less of a fuck we give?

Haakon

Can this be a great example of how good we have it or even how much less of a fuck we give?
Absolutely - and I really hope it stays that way. I do not want to be fearing for my life if I get pulled over for speeding - I would like to continue to feel safe in hopping out and meeting the copper halfway (or if its a rainy cold day giving him the courtesy of going to him so he doesnt have to get out of a nice warm patrol car).

Which is why this shit is so concerning... Its bloody Queenbean for crying out loud - pulling a fucking gun on someone is worthy of gaol time in my book.