Welcome to our newest subforum! (Please read)

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Welcome to our newest subforum. As our culture is slowly shifting from a mostly gravity based mountain bike community to one that encompasses all of mountain biking's disiplines, we have realised that a growing portion of us are quite interested in health and fitness. To facilitate this we have setup this forum to centralise all the threads that have been posted on these related topics. If you'd like an existing thread please message a moderator and they will gladly do it.

Once the ball is rolling I'd love to see some workout diaries, diet tips, recipes, race prep work (diet day before and during, stretches, warmup techniques etc). If you don't know much about the topic and would like to get started there are a bucket load of people that are very knowledgeable and willing to help out. A new thread with lots of detail about your situation and what you want to do should be enough to get you some solid advice.

One thing that I really need to point out however is that although we allow our users to post advice in these situations, we are not responsible for any harm to you by taking it. Please use common sense and if you have concerns talk to your GP or see some other professional in this field.

For the informational threads, if you want to link to individual posts within the same thread, grab the link from the #number above each post, right click and copy link location (or whatever words you browser uses). Then create the link in the original post. This would be useful for example with a list of DIY nutrition bar recipies.

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
Thanks Scott this is great.
What is the view on creating purely information threads sort of like a sticky as such on specific topics?
Given the information should be as accurate as possible before posting.

Id be keen to do a few of those

I like the disclaimer you added
Anyway to make a general disclaimer a sticky so we don't need to add individual disclaimers on each post? If that is of course alright to do so. Just something that points out that each users information is opinion and whether fact based or opinion based needs to be taken on ones own risk and does not replace professional or medical advice from a medical or professional source. Thoughts? or is this not ideal for you guys.

Anyway cheers again scott.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I don't think each thread requires a disclaimer, but it really just comes down to the individual. If you're giving some controversial advice like jumping off cliffs to improve your adrenalin production then yes I think it wouldn't hurt.

I think the informational threads is exactly what this subforum needs, so long as they are updated by the original poster on a semi regular basis when new information becomes available (sort of like a wiki, other posters suggest new content in follow up posts that the OP can decide to use or ignore). The informational threads are best when its a community effort to collaborate the right information.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great idea! I'm sure there's hundreds of fitness freaks out there being a cycling forum and all.

Hopefully differing opinions will be met with useful discussion and not harsh "noob" comments. But going from the rest of the forums attitude it shouldn't be a problem :)

I think getting the "get the girls with our weightloss" thread should be pushed over here asap.

wavike

Likes Dirt
While your on new Sub Forums, why is there no Trail riders section. You have XC (mostly racing) and AM. I think the majority of bikes sold and riders are Trail riders. I realise the 9kg carbon racers and 160mm bling AM bikes are sexier. But the run of the mill 120-140 trail bikes and normal trail rides are bigger than both the others.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good idea, Scott!

While your on new Sub Forums, why is there no Trail riders section. You have XC (mostly racing) and AM. I think the majority of bikes sold and riders are Trail riders. I realise the 9kg carbon racers and 160mm bling AM bikes are sexier. But the run of the mill 120-140 trail bikes and normal trail rides are bigger than both the others.
Personally, I don't think it's necessary for yet another sub-forum. What would be put into a trail riders sub-forum that couldn't be suitably answered by XC or AM?