WEMBO - 2013 World Solo 24Hr Championships Canberra

Canbaroo

Likes Dirt
course profile link does not work for me....
NBN should have you on line down in Adelaide in 2016 lad... but rest easy, after 2010 this will be a doddle, you will get those 16,17th laps in no probs. With a name like Steve you will survive!

Since you have the home-ground advantage I am expecting a podium from you Steve ;-)
Thanks mate, your enthuiasm is only matched by your good looks..... however this is a major undertaking, the beautiful model child is flying in from NYC to manage my media streams from pit row [twitter, instagram etc,] and my 'mechanic' is training at tube puncture repairs [I haven't the heart to tell him I'm tubeless].

The previous national sporting pastimes of paint drying and grass growing will go deeper and more meaningful for those who subscribe to my media feeds and lap time progress over 24hours. Subscription fees are negotiable....

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
I'd be interested to hear how many people have entered!
About 280 so far - going through a bunch of late "requests" now ... For those interested in the international aspect ... Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, UK, Italy, NZ, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Ukraine, USA

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Thanks mate, your enthuiasm is only matched by your good looks..... however this is a major undertaking, the beautiful model child is flying in from NYC to manage my media streams from pit row [twitter, instagram etc,] and my 'mechanic' is training at tube puncture repairs [I haven't the heart to tell him I'm tubeless].
Will be following your lap and lap progress with interest online. I hope the model child will be providing updates re: your well being every lap :)
And your support crew takes picture of the food they will shovelling into your stomach :p

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll be coming out of retirement for this one. Looking forward to it.

Looking forward to seeing the published rider list.

-Andrew

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
There's a few vicos quietly working away building up to this event. Some previous competitors and some first timers. Some have played their cards quite close to the chest. I wish them all luck.
I also know a couple of others that were aiming for this event but have now shifted their focus to other events now that Victoria has its own 24 hour races.

disappearin

Likes Dirt
I will be there Thursday night. Staying here after the Scott to ride wembo. In fact got wood fired pizza and beer planned for that night with some fellow competitors! Welcome to join us if you like?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I will be there Thursday night. Staying here after the Scott to ride wembo. In fact got wood fired pizza and beer planned for that night with some fellow competitors! Welcome to join us if you like?
Cheers, thanks disappearin!

I will probably rock in around 5pm. I will see if I can find you. Not really a drinker, but the pizza sounds good!

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone know the aprox cost of a taxi from Airport to Stromlo?

Just wondering if a cheap car rental for 2 days ($70) would be cheaper than r/n taxi trip.....

cheers

Capone

Likes Dirt

Just wondering if a cheap car rental for 2 days ($70) would be cheaper than r/n taxi trip.....

cheers
Get the car, cabs are expensive and shit in this Town

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt

cheers
This is Australia mate, car rental for a month would be cheaper than two taxi fares.