WEMBO - 2013 World Solo 24Hr Championships Canberra

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Quiggs,
You rode a great race and be proud of second. I would like to think that I contributed to your eventual collapse (sorry I'm a sadistic b@stard).
I had conceded 1st until I rolled up on you on lap 22, I could see the world of hurt you were in and felt your pain when I passed. It was a moment of euphoria and sadness at the same time.

David
Cheers David,

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Wembo 2015

Where is the 2015 race? I heard is was to be announced at the presentation which I did not make.
Yes, it was announced there on Sunday night. Weaverville, California, USA on 3/4 October 2015. Entries aren't open just yet :drama:

There are a few photos and a poster for Weaverville at the end of this album, and they have an interim website set up.

But, let not get too far ahead of ourselves. You need to get through Scotland on 11 and 12 October 2014 first.

MTBEnduroGirl

Cannon Fodder
actually make sense if you think about it, numbs the pain and relaxes you, certainly something you need for a 24hour race. Thanks for the tip Quiggs
Given alcohol;
- is a diuretic, it dehydrates you
- impares the bodies ability regulate temperature
- depletes sodium and potassium levels (electrolytes)
- can irritate the gastrointestinal tract and cause the malabsorption of nutrients and stomach distress
- impairs liver function; where all your energy is coming from in a solo 24
- impedes magnesium, which is essential for creating ATP, the muscle's primary fuel source

But hey, go for it matey, slurp it down.

You could be right, maybe we will see lots of athletes guzzling away at the Olympics next year. Could be the next big thing in sports nutrition, and you are ahead of the curve.

I hope all my competition gets into this new trend :)

fezi

Likes Dirt
Given alcohol;
- can irritate the gastrointestinal tract and cause the malabsorption of nutrients and stomach distress
- impedes magnesium, which is essential for creating ATP, the muscle's primary fuel source

You could be right, maybe we will see lots of athletes guzzling away at the Olympics next year. Could be the next big thing in sports nutrition, and you are ahead of the curve.

Its also on the prohibited list during competition. Not sure if wembo subscribes to wada though?

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Its also on the prohibited list during competition. Not sure if wembo subscribes to wada though?
Yes - we do. The relevant xxADA's are notified before each race and it is up to them if they want to come and do testing. They did in Italy, but not in Canberra.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Given alcohol;

Pretty sure caffeine has most of those side effects also, but we all drink or have gels containing caffeine too!

from the alcoholic down south
quiggs

P.s there is also loads of medical studies on the effect of fatigue and the decreasing mental facilities similar to that of consuming alcohol. There is nothing about endurance exercise that is healthy.

Lets all just have a big mtber hug and tell each other how much we love each other!

Last edited:

Canbaroo

Likes Dirt
Lets all just have a big mtber hug and tell each other how much we love each other!
I'll second that!

If we're going to start testing harmless self inflicted substance abuse then we should start with Cornik's performance enhancing testosterone levels.

A good looking body then appeared in a bikini which was great, I managed to get a high five from her as I rode by with the lingering thought left in my head that we could have a quickie in the bushes

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I was having a few mouthfuls of Beam & coke at these opportunities
Bloody oath, take part in the festivities and enjoy yourself. Your support team is having a laugh looking after you and serving you up some beer with your race food, start taking it all to serious and it doesn't become fun anymore.

softek

Likes Dirt
Given alcohol;

wow, I think you need a beverage, beam and coke? :Banane35: