Western Australia

DJ SLOPE STYLE

Likes Bikes
hey, i might be moving to western australia to pursue an apprentiship if i move i will be situated in essprance. i currently have a dirt jumper and im wondering if i need a dual suspention bike or if i converted it in to a hard tail freeride that would be sutable
thanks

i will be moving at the end of the year if i move

Last edited:

leonh

Squid
shitest idea ever, u just spent over $2000 building it and now u want to sell it cause ur moving there. worst idea imo

walffles

Likes Bikes
Dont listen to these knobs.
Theres a good crew of riders in esperence.
I know there is one who rides a freeride hard tail.
He does the odd DH or two.

have fun.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Western Australia MTBers breaking the law :D

Under this piece of legislation – which applies to the vast state of Western Australia, covering a third of the continent and home to 2.6 million people – a bicycle cannot exceed the width of 660 mm.

We’re primarily a drop-bar site here, so to give you some context, you probably can’t buy a mountain bike with bars that narrow (most modern mountain bikes are between 720-780 mm).

Let’s do a quick roll-call.

Your drop bar bike? Fine, unless it’s got wide flared bars. The vast majority of mountain bikes? Nope. Flat bar road bikes or hybrids? Borderline. Vintage-style bikes or beach cruisers? Nope. A child trailer towed behind another bike? Probably not (regulation 406). Most cargo bikes? No way. Even Australia Post’s delivery bikes? Don’t be silly.

To take an educated guess, we’re probably talking about half the bikes in the state.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Western Australia MTBers breaking the law :D

Under this piece of legislation – which applies to the vast state of Western Australia, covering a third of the continent and home to 2.6 million people – a bicycle cannot exceed the width of 660 mm.

We’re primarily a drop-bar site here, so to give you some context, you probably can’t buy a mountain bike with bars that narrow (most modern mountain bikes are between 720-780 mm).

Let’s do a quick roll-call.

Your drop bar bike? Fine, unless it’s got wide flared bars. The vast majority of mountain bikes? Nope. Flat bar road bikes or hybrids? Borderline. Vintage-style bikes or beach cruisers? Nope. A child trailer towed behind another bike? Probably not (regulation 406). Most cargo bikes? No way. Even Australia Post’s delivery bikes? Don’t be silly.

To take an educated guess, we’re probably talking about half the bikes in the state.
Is Sam Hill going to gaol?