What a piece of junk (old Giant)

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I ran an A2Z adaptor with a 160mm rotor on a GT Aggressor, I can't remember if I shimmed the bolts up with washers or filed back a brake post adaptor.
The issue is the chainstay tapers in too quickly and the disc makes slight contact at 160mm (sounds like a meat slicer). I might be able to push the stay out slightly to clear with some washers.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
And now for its 3rd set of forks.

From right to left:

1996 RockShox Judy C with Total Air Cartridges (80mm)
2006 RockShox Recon 351 (100mm)
2019 RockShox Recon RL 27.5 (100mm)

Still have one last rebuild kit for the Judy's Total Air cartridges. Not game to use them for myself but they may well see some action on one of the kids bikes.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
So Thursday's ride at Kalamunda ended in a buggered air shock and humiliating remarks from a few enduro riders who mocked me for riding a skinny old xc bike with 2.1's down their black trails.

They were good blokes and it was all in good humour, but **** you, no one hangs shit on my old girl.

So enter DHF 2.5, DHR 2.3 and coil shock to stick it right up them. Not tubeless yet, but that will happen on the weekend.

With Schrader valves, because hardcore.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
sweet rig
ATX was my first race bike, but I had the 970 which had the CroMo front triangle and the Alu rear.
I had RST Hi 5's out front, with XTR V brakes...would have kept it, but some "fella" from the sunshine club knocked it off.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
sweet rig
ATX was my first race bike, but I had the 970 which had the CroMo front triangle and the Alu rear.
I had RST Hi 5's out front, with XTR V brakes...would have kept it, but some "fella" from the sunshine club knocked it off.
Cool, I remember the cromo version. How cool would they be now that steel duallies are that in thing?!?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
what rear shock are you running now...kev may be able to fix the CCreek or put a Risse damper on it!
drop Kev Risse an email, he has been doing shocks for eons, he builds landing gear dampers for aircraft, kinda knows a little about shocks
https://www.risseracing.com/index.shtml
Thanks mate, didn't realise Risse was still going.

Got the original RST coil in it at the moment. Will pull the Cane Creek apart and see what's going on. It's not leaking air so something must have happened to the valves somehow. They're pretty simple so hopefully can fix - it suits the bike pretty well.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
What's the go with the brown tape @ashes_mtb ?
It has evil cable guides on top that I've torn my knee open on previously. It's kind of dulling the sharp edges and also holding the cables tight as well.

I thought the cloth tape might look cool, but turns out cloth tape is plastic and it looks pretty ordinary...

Last edited: