What are the most underrated and most overrated things in mountain biking?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Overrated: Kashima
Now you just ease right the fuck up turbo!
First you dissassemble the coolest xc race bike kicking around, and now you sling that shit?

Over rated: pub food. Seriously, a schnitty should not cost $30. post ride schnitties are too much!

Under rated: deore brakes. Cheap af, solid and reliable. I love my hopes but the deores they replaced punched WAAAAAAAAAAY above their weight.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First you dissassemble the coolest xc race bike kicking around, and now you sling that shit?

Over rated: pub food. Seriously, a schnitty should not cost $30. post ride schnitties are too much!

Under rated: deore brakes. Cheap af, solid and reliable. I love my hopes but the deores they replaced punched WAAAAAAAAAAY above their weight.
Haha. Notice that the new bike is draped with Kashima too...still overrated .

Agree with $30 Parma's/Schnities. Getting harder to get a decent one too.

Agree on Deore brakes too. Got some on one bike and they've got awesome bite.

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Overrated:
Following every fashion without thinking about how it suits you

Complaining about stuff you haven’t tried

Saying things are better because the EWS guys run it. It’s irrelevant to what most of us do.

Counting grams when your a Clyde. Ride more.

Going lightweight tires, tubeless and so low pressure that you need a pool noodle

Underrated:
Quality hand built wheels that suit your weight, terrain and riding style. Mine are made of carbon, they aren’t super light but are well suited to me. Tried plenty of alloy - love the stiffness at my size.

Appropriate tires for you

Trying different stuff and making up your own mind

My new banshee prime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia

Deore are usually about $20 cheaper than what you can get XT on special for....sometimes dearer....but they work a treat indeed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Eat bag of over priced pub dicks you parma suckers! 3 good pub schnitzel specials here on different nights! The best is $8 (or 2 for $15) on Wednesday nights...on the waterfront. Sadly no longer in the shadow of the mighty penis tower.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

What state do you live in?