What are you listening to NOW?

Jpez

Down on the left!

Cool clip but can’t hear this song without thinking of Tony Sopranos driving the streets of New Jersey.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Nice one Franco

From a few years back, probably one of my all time favourite tunes

...amazing song & great album...one of tim rutilis best for sure.
as soon as i heard roomsound i fell in love with this band. everything the guy does is gold.
great to see someone else who has heard of califone let alone lists funeral singers as one of his fave tracks...you have good taste sir. ;)

gonna start the day a little dark....
magnolia electric co. - live in spain '03 (source: soundboard)

Last edited:

Slowman

Likes Dirt
My 12 y/o son for some inexplicable reason keeps playing "Take On Me" by that Swedish band Aha. It was annoying 20 years ago on a tinny keyboard now it's 10x worse. Otherwise give me Silent Servant, Invocation of Lust

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Also bought a bunch of Growlers songs/albums on iTunes... this one caught my ear initially at JB HiFi, the sales assistant could not stop gushing over them when I asked what was playing. I'll try not to gush but they're like a cross between Beck and the Shadows...

Jpez

Down on the left!
...amazing song & great album...one of tim rutilis best for sure.
as soon as i heard roomsound i fell in love with this band. everything the guy does is gold.
great to see someone else who has heard of califone let alone lists funeral singers as one of his fave tracks...you have good taste sir. ;)

gonna start the day a little dark....
magnolia electric co. - live in spain '03 (source: soundboard)
I just spent an hours worth of phone data listening to this whole album at work. Money well spent. It’s excellent.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
@Jpez @franco cozzo

I was living around the corner from The Annandale, and a mate from interstate messaged me and suggest I go down and see a band. I'd never heard of them or the music, but had nothing on and headed down and bought a ticket on the door.

One of those perfect shows with no expectations that I'll never forget. Poor bastard drank himself to death I think.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
@Jpez @franco cozzo

I was living around the corner from The Annandale, and a mate from interstate messaged me and suggest I go down and see a band. I'd never heard of them or the music, but had nothing on and headed down and bought a ticket on the door.

One of those perfect shows with no expectations that I'll never forget. Poor bastard drank himself to death I think.
...i dont doubt it for a second. you lucky bastard... i missed out on seeing him and the band play - i got into them just after they toured here for the last time ('06?)...definitely one of my regrets, but the live show recordings go someway to easing that. probably one of the finest songwriters / performers that ever played in my books with an amazing discography over 25 years or so...and yep absolute tragic ending, died in 2013 aged 39 from alcoholism.
if you want to hear some more live shows theres heaps at internet archive (jason used to post live meco shows freely on the meco website)...
enjoy: https://archive.org/details/MagnoliaElectricCo

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
@Jpez @franco cozzo

Those gigs where the stars align by complete accident and you find yourself watching something amazing. I’ve been to couple of those.

Drinking oneself to death seems to be a common trait among talanted tortured songwriters.