What are you listening to NOW?

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If I remember correctly, when Adrian Belew appeared on Rockwiz he said that Zappa was actually a very sane person. He just had a habit of surrounding himself with crazy people.

Couldn't find a clip of the segment but here is Adrian with Martha Wainwright doing Bowie.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ I've read similar, even that he was somewhat up tight - no drugs + booze would kick people out of the mothers for not towing the line, and a perfectionist. Being quite particular about things but also quite creative would probably have made him seem unusual. Add to it he comes off as having a strong non-conformist streak and an unrestrained sense of humour.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^ I've read similar, even that he was somewhat up tight - no drugs + booze would kick people out of the mothers for not towing the line, and a perfectionist. Being quite particular about things but also quite creative would probably have made him seem unusual. Add to it he comes off as having a strong non-conformist streak and an unrestrained sense of humour.
So, just like Ozzy then?

Apparently he was big on the coffee and durries . I read that he kicked Lowell George out of the band for drug use and that he was very demanding on the players.

Here is an interview with Steve Vai where he tells the story of his audition for Zappas's band.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On a happier note. Happy 69th birthday Tom Waits. Great performance of a great song, one of my personal favourites from the Tom playbook.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ an absolute boss. One of my many favourites:

Rage was a good thing! A school friend had recorded it being programmed by I can't remember who and he called me over to the house saying something about a strange dude with a crazy voice that he felt was right up my alley...the friend has never known me better!

And the way I was introduced to him:

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gone down the YouTube rabbit hole ...
Stray Cats live at Montreux Festival 1981 - and yes I’m 16 all over again !