What are you listening to NOW?

I'm watching sons of anarchy, no I'm not a Harley appreciator (I like bikes that ride like bikes), no I'm not into the whole outlaw biker scene (getting a tat scares me, well more like what my mum would say I guess than the actual process), I guess I really just was interested to see what happens when your partner Peg Bundy with Hellboy. Would Hellboy become a down trodden shoe salesman or would Peg bring her Asian friend over and start wrestling in skimpy swimsuits for Hellboy and Ratman ? So many possibilities.

However this is a music thread. So, like all the war movies that cashed in on nostalgia, the tarantino movies that used some epic tracks to embellish movie scenes or Breaking Bad using quirky covers like the latino Hotel California, Sons of Anarchy also delves into this arena. Some tracks are ok, some are cliché (ie hard rock guitars whilst the boyos are rolling their thunder down the long boring highway, "fuck, a corner, what do we do ???") but......

this cover below is the tits. There is a version with the scene and one without. It stands on its own in terms of epicness, infact the scene kinda detracts from it coz its a bit USA USA. Its a cover of a traditional ye olde song, it sounds simple but I'll wager ain't many can play and sing it like this.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
First 4 Smashing Pumpkins albums on repeat. One of the first bands I got into as a young teenager. Some real gems in that early pumpkins catalogue:

This recent (only recent) interview with D'arcy is a bit sad though: https://www.alternativenation.net/smashing-pumpkins-bassist-darcy-first-interview-in-20-years/

including:
When a song comes on the radio of ours, I’ll be like, ‘That sounds pretty good, that sounds familiar! Oh, that’s us!’ I couldn’t listen to our music for many, many years, I was very ill. I was going through a divorce, and physically sick almost all the time, so much stress. I’ve always been a perfectionist and maybe more than slightly obsessive compulsive. I’m really hard on myself, and if somebody is harder than me than I am on myself, it’s ridiculous, I can’t, it’s too much. It was mostly that Billy would have a scapegoat for three months, and then somebody else. He doesn’t understand that other people don’t think like him, he always thinks that everybody is in the same mood as him. He would get really angry if he was depressed and you were happy.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Siamese Dream - one of the 10 albums id take to a desert island.
My favorite album. I am listening to this album quite a bit of late.

Back in the 90's (high school), my best mate was a music head, got me into all the music I love. He was a big influence on me not just in music, but getting my life on track (some people go stupid when they're a teenager). Just over a year ago he passed away and it hit me pretty hard. Listening to this album brings some great memories and good times.

Most memorable concert was seeing the Pumkins at their peak in 96.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was never a pumpkin fan. Plenty of other bands from era made good music though.

Currently try listening to Tricky, a few different albums all on shuffle in the micro bar.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I was never a pumpkin fan. Plenty of other bands from era made good music though.

Currently try listening to Tricky, a few different albums all on shuffle in the micro bar.
Siamese Dream is a standout, i never listened to much of their other stuff.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
It changes a bit according to mood..... but

In Rainbows
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Nils Frahm - Spaces
Disintegration
King for a Day Fool for a lifetime
Nick Cave No more shall we part
Grace
Nevermind
Superunknown