What are you listening to NOW?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Spinning Don Felder (ex-Eagles)'s 1983 album "Airborne". Classic example of playing off a huge reputation and massively failing almost comically.... Felder is a bloody good guitarist and musical writer, but a very average singer and considerably worse lyricist. The album "succeeds" in downplaying his strength and highlighting his weaknesses, made even worse by de rigeur early 80s overly synthetic sound production. There are impressive moments, but they're easily lost in the dated crapness. :(

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What's the best way to buy/download mp3?

Used to be able to buy thru Google Music which was great because it went on the phone bill.

Getting into the early stuff from these guys.

Cardy George

Time for spotify!
Maybe directly off the bands website?
Have Spotify, but don't buy enough to warrant the monthly spend........ Plus the off-line use without fucking around with downloads...... and the 1000 odd files I already have....... and the money goes to the band rather than Spotify

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Have Spotify, but don't buy enough to warrant the monthly spend........ Plus the off-line use without fucking around with downloads...... and the 1000 odd files I already have....... and the money goes to the band rather than Spotify
No different than playing a song on the radio. If a bands not getting money from spotify they need to have a chat to their record label.

Fairy nuff to the other points you made. I stream everything off spotify, I don’t download anything to my phone, always online.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fairy nuff to the other points you made. I stream everything off spotify, I don’t download anything to my phone, always online.
Which is great until you are out of service. I suspect the cardigan doesn't have great cover on his lengthy commute and may wish to preserve phone battery in case of emergency. Or maybe he doesn't live in as much of a wilderness as I imagine.

Cardy George

Which is great until you are out of service. I suspect the cardigan doesn't have great cover on his lengthy commute and may wish to preserve phone battery in case of emergency. Or maybe he doesn't live in as much of a wilderness as I imagine.
Noo, we're not quite that out of touch. More for family car trips. Our preferred route to Adelaide is a bit patchy, and last time I went down to the Otways, a large swathe of mid western Vic had no coverage.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Is that a site or do I need to buy a flute?
Haha - its a site. Links directly back to artists so they set price etc themselves. Once a month there is a friday where bandcamp dont take any cut but otherwise seems to be preferred method for a lot of bands. Can get vinyls and merch too