What are you listening to NOW?

Jpez

Down on the left!
One of my fave punk albums. Ever. Finally got it on vinyl last year. Coundn't find a decent original pressing so got a repress, but for some reason the last song (Discontent) isn't on there!
Yeah it’s an amazing album. So much more than just ‘punk’.
The 2018 repressing is a double album with outtakes snd alternate mixes. I think Discontent is on that.

mtb1611

Seymour
Yeah it’s an amazing album. So much more than just ‘punk’.
The 2018 repressing is a double album with outtakes snd alternate mixes. I think Discontent is on that.
Yeah I've listened to it on Spotify. Must admit I don't like it. Drums in particular sound dreadful.

mtb1611

Seymour
Who is dis doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'? Finally snared this bad boy. Played to death on cassette with 3 buddies in a clapped out Passat station wagon as we chased bulls in Pamplona (actually they chased us...), then the Tour de France through the Alps and Pyrenees back in '97. Love music that takes you back to pivotal times in your life; this one certainly ticks that box.

CB.jpg

droenn

Fat Man's XC President

I only discovered Silver Jews around 2011, but they quickly became a favourite. Every so often I totally just binge on them. Just started another binge.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Who is dis doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'? Finally snared this bad boy. Played to death on cassette with 3 buddies in a clapped out Passat station wagon as we chased bulls in Pamplona (actually they chased us...), then the Tour de France through the Alps and Pyrenees back in '97. Love music that takes you back to pivotal times in your life; this one certainly ticks that box.

View attachment 350127
And it still holds up amazing considering most electronica stuff dated so quickly.. Big Beat, what a great time in music.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
And it still holds up amazing considering most electronica stuff dated so quickly.. Big Beat, what a great time in music.
Have a listen to the early DJ Shadow and Unkle stuff as well. Chucked them on recently and I still love them to death.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

View attachment 350127
Easily in my top three albums ever made, always have that on standby.

And....................they put out a new tune this week!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@hifiandmtb was an enjoyable tune, but the sounds did not match my expectations after seeing the small image of the man hitting that 40oz in the corner of the video icon!

@Haakon that's one of my favourite Beatles tunes. They should've let George write more songs.

@Comic Book Guy this album came out during my formative years. Almost every body I associated with wet their pants over it. I thought the album overrated and boring. Should I revisit as an adult with a maybe more open mind? Or leave it in the past? Unlike George, I can see why Dave wasn't allowed to write songs.