What are you listening to NOW?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I was deep in thought flying across the Tasman sea last week thinking of the old "What are your deadset best five albums of all time?" and I have decided.
The Prodigy - The Fat of the Land
White Zombie - Astro Creep 2000
Tool - Aenima
The Chemical Brothers - Dig your own hole
Death in Vegas - Scorpio Rising.

There you go, I'm nearly complete. ;)
What are your five go-to albums?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was deep in thought flying across the Tasman sea last week thinking of the old "What are your deadset best five albums of all time?" and I have decided.
Tool - Aenima

Interesting choices on a come of albums there @Dozer. While I quite lived fat of the lamb, I prefer songs for the jilted generation. Aenima is an excellent album but I prefer the rawness of undertow. Astro Creep is bang on for the white Zombie highlight.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Tool - Aenima

Love Astro Creep! Got into that watching a body boarding vid with a bunch of songs from it. Aenima landed on my radar when Stinkfist was the background track to a current affairs segment on the explosion of mountain biking in the 90's.

So hard to pick a top 5... Giving it a go though, would be something like:

RHCP - Blood sugar...
Katatonia - Night is the New Day
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
In Flames - Whoracle
Soundgarden - Superunknown

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Tool - Aenima

That's a mighty hard choice as there's far too many to leave out. I'll give it a crack with reasons outlined.

Tool - Aenima. Greatest live gig ever at the mighty Festy Hall
Steve Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase. Single handedly keeping prog rock alive
Arcade Fire - Funeral. Absolutely nothing like it on release, and still sounds completely awesome and original 16 years later.
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here. It's not Floyd's best but as I used to fall asleep listening to this when I was 4 it still hooks me.
Mr Bungle - Disco Volante. Mike Patton has to make this list somehow and the madness of this album contains moments of sheer beauty.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Only 5...? Tough.

Radiohead - In Rainbows
Faith No More - King for a day, fool for a lifetime
Rage Against the Machine
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - No more shall we part

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Only 5...? Tough.

Radiohead - In Rainbows
Faith No More - King for a day, fool for a lifetime
Rage Against the Machine
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - No more shall we part
That's a bit odd...king for a day is the FNM album most people didn't like. Why that over the rest of their catalogue?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Ooooh, top 5 hey?

Without even thinking, they're all going to be from my formative years. But everyone knows music has gone to shit since I was a teenager, right?

1 - Metallica - ride the lightning
Not their best production wise, they hadn't quite found 'that sound' yet, but the writing is out-fucking-standing. Every song a masterpiece and all capped off with that epic instrumental at the end, can't beat this album

2 - tool - aenima
Tool fucked up with this one. Undertow was great, but aenima was phenomenal and they couldn't come near this again. How do you follow up on perfection?

3 - slipknot - self titled
This one found its way into the shiny new cd player in my hq sedan when I was 19, my steering wheel got belted oblong while I trashed the crap out of that poor old beast listening to the angriest music I'd ever heard. Still riles me up like nothing else

4 - guns n roses - use your illusion 2
The album that properly started my appreciation for music, this cassette copped a beating in the old Panasonic boombox. Get in the ring motherfucker!

5 - pink Floyd - dark side of the moon
Ok, chill out time. I played this, the wall, and wish you were here flat out while I was ahem trying new things. This one was always the best ride though, spectacular tracks played individually but really comes alive listened to start to finish.

Special mention to offspring's smash, Pennywise's full circle, chilli's blood sugar sex magic and Metallica binge and purge. Screw you for making me pick 5

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
1 - Metallica - ride the lightning
Not their best production wise, they hadn't quite found 'that sound' yet, but the writing is out-fucking-standing. Every song a masterpiece and all capped off with that epic instrumental at the end, can't beat this album
Agree with all that except every song being a masterpiece, Trapped Under Ice stands out for the wrong reasons on that album. Weakest track from their first four albums for mine. Still a masterpiece album.