What are you listening to NOW?

cammas

Seamstress
Cannot get enough of these guys.

Discovered them when they released the “Departure Songs” album in 2015 which I still listen to a lot, the back story strikes a chord. Then found the previous album “ The Quietest place on Earth” which is great and still on heavy rotation.

Really looking forward to the new stuff “Towers” and the other song “A beautiful collapse” they have released are sounding good.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, almost a week after Tool's new album was released I can safely say it is astounding and almost perfect. I absolutely love it and can't get enough of it, twice and sometimes three times a day in full is the norm the last week.
So I can’t agree mate. I love the band Tool (that could’ve been a huge set up had I not seen it) but I find they are like sex after marriage (from what I’ve heard) it’s a really long wait between drinks and it never quite lives up to the early days!!!

I really like the album and it got a lot of play during my recent trip but I feel it just doesn’t quite reach the heights of Aenema for mine. At least they’ve not put too many shitty little waste of time tracks on this one. Cesaro Summability and Die eier von Satan come to mind. I don’t pay for that shit!!! For a band as capable of greatness as Tool I reckon it’s pretty arrogant to put shit like that on albums. They don’t play them live so why put em on an album?? Wow that digressed fast. Anyway really like Fear Innoculum but it’s not my fav Tool album.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So I can’t agree mate. I love the band Tool (that could’ve been a huge set up had I not seen it) but I find they are like sex after marriage (from what I’ve heard) it’s a really long wait between drinks and it never quite lives up to the early days!!!

I really like the album and it got a lot of play during my recent trip but I feel it just doesn’t quite reach the heights of Aenema for mine. At least they’ve not put too many shitty little waste of time tracks on this one. Cesaro Summability and Die eier von Satan come to mind. I don’t pay for that shit!!! For a band as capable of greatness as Tool I reckon it’s pretty arrogant to put shit like that on albums. They don’t play them live so why put em on an album?? Wow that digressed fast. Anyway really like Fear Innoculum but it’s not my fav Tool album.
Cesaro is a great song, so is ions for that matter. Die her von Satan is not so brilliant. This is still one of their greatest achievements:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
At least they’ve not put too many shitty little waste of time tracks on this one. Cesaro Summability and Die eier von Satan come to mind. I don’t pay for that shit!!! For a band as capable of greatness as Tool I reckon it’s pretty arrogant to put shit like that on albums. They don’t play them live so why put em on an album?? Wow that digressed fast. Anyway really like Fear Innoculum but it’s not my fav Tool album.
This is 100% the truth. I skip this stuff everytime and still haven't listened to the last track on the new album with the birds squealing.
Dunno why they do it but seeing them live when this sort of stuff is a background noise is pretty awesome. With that in mind, I feel like that when I hear it.

stirk

Burner
With all the climate conversation I'm reminded of vulnerable friends. Immerse yourself in the entire song and video.

mtb1611

Seymour
I find the new Tool album to be way too self-indulgent and one that doesn't really go anywhere and ultimately leaves me underwhelmed. Outstanding musicianship as always. Being a drummer I can't help but marvel at Danny Carey's talent; it was really nice of him to let the other 3 guys play over the top of his 80 minute drum solo. Love pretty much everything else they've ever done but this wasn't worth a 13 year wait. Horses for courses I guess.