What are you listening to NOW?

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agreed, live they're amazing, saw them in Sydney on the Lateralus tour in 2002. I'd be keen to see them if they tour again despite my misgivings around the new disc. We must be of similar vintage; I saw Nirvana on the Nevermind Tour early '92, at the first BDO and at Selinas (Coogee Bay Hotel).
Yeah mate I was like 16 when they came out. I didn't have a ticket but that didn't matter as most of the windows got smashed and we pushed in and watched for free. It was epic. Nirvana changed music for me, and well, pretty much everyone I guess. I was into cockrock before that, Motley Crue, Poison, Metallica, Megadeth that sort of stuff. Changed the second I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit. The other song that changed everything was Killing In The Name. Unfortunately I never got to see Rage live...

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not now, but went to 'Damo the Musical' on Sunday night, a celebration of the life of Damien Lovelock. Lots of highlights on the night, however Jello Biafra from the original Dead Kennedys blasting out a few tracks with the Rifles was pretty damn cool.
Hell yeah!!!! Loved the Rifles too. Memories of surfing trips in the Dato with the windows down and the Rifles pumping on the cassette player. It sucked having to rewind your favourite tracks. Fuck I'm getting old..... ungracefully.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That period years ago when all our friends were getting married the Ship Song seemed to pop up at every second wedding, got so sick of it.

‘Our song’ wasn’t so waltz friendly, possibly why we never got around to getting hitched.

@pink poodle a bit

I wasn't expecting aenima, I was concerned about them going in a direction I didn't really like. But I didn't expect this level of re-hashing.

I have no doubt it will grow on me, like 10,000 days did, but unlike 10,000 days where I never experienced a moment where I thought "I heard this before" it will probably be something for every now and then.

Maybe I'll check out Puscifier

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
@pink poodle a bit

I wasn't expecting aenima, I was concerned about them going in a direction I didn't really like. But I didn't expect this level of re-hashing.

I have no doubt it will grow on me, like 10,000 days did, but unlike 10,000 days where I never experienced a moment where I thought "I heard this before" it will probably be something for every now and then.

Maybe I'll check out Puscifier
Have you checked out any of A Perfect Circle's stuff?