What are you listening to NOW?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know I’ll earn myself an ‘ok boomer’ for this but I just don’t get Tool. Too much mock angst or something.

Ive watched all the conversation about Tool since the new album came out and even listened to a few songs to see what all the excitement was about but just couldn’t get into it.

I’ve got a pretty eclectic taste that ranges over some pretty different sounds so it’s not that I’m averse to styles I don’t immediately get into.

what am I missing? At a couple years off 50 am I just too old for Tool?
I’m with you mate, i’m closer to 40 and never got it.. Same with System of a down..

moorey

call me Mia
I know I’ll earn myself an ‘ok boomer’ for this but I just don’t get Tool. Too much mock angst or something.

Ive watched all the conversation about Tool since the new album came out and even listened to a few songs to see what all the excitement was about but just couldn’t get into it.

I’ve got a pretty eclectic taste that ranges over some pretty different sounds so it’s not that I’m averse to styles I don’t immediately get into.

what am I missing? At a couple years off 50 am I just too old for Tool?
Try this. First song I ever heard, and wouldn’t lose sleep if it was the last.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Haha - Every time I drop into this thread I feel like I'm the outlier that loves what everyone else loathes.

I love Tool's Lateralus, potential favourite album overall for me. I've tried the other albums, and while I might like a song here and there, overall they don't grab me and now don't even get a listen. I'm have no musical knowledge, but I love the rise and fall and change of tempo throughout Lateralus - It is very much an whole album experience, not just a bunch of songs on one CD - and that's a pretty common theme for a lot of things I like listening to. Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here or The Wall are similar. Jump genres, and quite a few of the Hilltop Hoods albums are similar too, with interesting narrative stories (ie: What the seasons change and Stopping all stations) hidden amongst the 'radio single' headline tracks.

Sometimes I like a song on the radio, get the album and three tracks I'm like "every song sounds the same, and get bored and switch it.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Currently Dirty Honey - like early led zeppelin made out with axl rose ....also been exploring SixxAM ,heavier than expected , not bad tho .
Love the rabbit hole that Apple Music takes you down !

mtb1611

Seymour
Confidence man.. For those who loved 90’s electronica.. Great to see the kids influenced by the good stuff.
Janet Planet is mesmerising.. (singer)
Thanks for posting this. Seeing new Order and March and Confidence Man are opening for them, but I hadn't yet checked them out.

mtb1611

Seymour
My missus got me tickets to see Tool when they come in Feb.
Been giving Fear Innoculum a bit of a workout.
I'm also seeing them soon, Feb 18 in Sydney. Can't really get into their new one, 'tis a tad laborious. They're music can sometimes get a bit self-indulgent but, as a drummer, I'm really looking forward to seeing Danny Carey live again.

Reactions: Zaf

indica

Serial flasher
Listening to the latest from The Last Night on Earth podcast.
Love it.
Been really enjoying the Drumcode podcasts lately too.
Reliving my misspent youth.

Fatboy Slim in Sydney soon, should be fun.

mtb1611

Seymour
Excited for you, that will be great. Saw them at a BDO and it was tops.... too many tours atm
I've only seen them once before, 2002 at the Hordern, when Peter Hook was still with them. Won't quite be the same without him but having said that, there's masses of live gigs with the current lineup on Youtube and I must admit they sound sharp.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Just can’t enjoy anything of there’s since Undertow*. Opiate was their early peak. One of the best recordings ever. Bought it the week it came out knowing zero about the band and was blown away.
Maynard is a bit of a pretentious flog, despite his charitable and philanthropic work.
Donning flame suit. I understand they are every gen Y’s fave band.

*haven't been able to make it through a full album, so I may have missed a few gems. I doubt it.

Says to self: ‘ok Boomer’
Hard disagree.

ers

Likes Dirt
Thank you!!!
Their stuff is on high rotation. Pretty much everything is great
Now listening to
<iframe width="956" height="538" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>