What are you listening to NOW?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...you didn't think to just stay in Sydney? Plenty of cheap crash pads you can use. Though some low cost backpackers get pissy about "locals" staying there. Apparently it kills the vibe or something. Wankers.
Sounds like a huge gig. The time I saw them it rained heavily and (unless I'm emembering incorrectly) they left the stage early due to a leading roof. Aenema tour at Newcastle Uni's bar on the hill.

Reactions: Zaf

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've been calling them "Swamp People" as of late. Place doesn't really do anything for me, but Newcastle is just going from strength to strength!
I was entwined with "the coast" for a very long time. It is like one suburb sprawling into another, then another, then another...(not quite exclusively, but nearly) populated by bogans, dead bests, or cashed up bogans. Somehow the place was bestowed with a small amount of natural beauty.

Newcastle isn't much better at times. But at least our suburbs are far enough away to not interfere with the good things in life. Be we just need to move all the cashed up old Pepe out of the "city" so it can be a city again, not a retirement village filled with whingers and empty apartments. Oh and such strange licensing restrictions.

Reactions: Zaf
It's a hard one to describe and I don't wanna spoil any of the spectacle (don't think I can really, it's an experience that has to be seen in person. I went with my partners brother.

Set list was amazing, we were walking down the stairs into the general admission floor (got a spot in front of the sound desk) as they opened with Fear Innoculum and then jumped into Aenima, Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient...there was just a range of everything from all the albums from Aenima on-wards being played.
Can't really remember the order beyond that, but there was a big draped "string curtain" in front of the stage that a lot of the lasers/lights/projections then shone through onto the background as well, gave it this real depth and movement. Half way through Parabola, that then opened out and some really impressive laser shows in time with the music showed up. Variations of the film clips played with those moving light effects throughout the night.
They were on stage at 8:45 and, except for a small 12min break towards the end of the show (with a projected countdown timer), didn't leave until 11:30.
There was a massive storm while we were in the concert as well, and before they closed on Invincible into Stinkfist, Maynard said that to everyone and then told security to stand down if people wanted to "get their fucking phones out for the last song and film it whatever if that's you're fucking thing."

The storm genuinely fucked us over, trying to get back home. Closed the trainline back to Newcastle and Central Coast, didn't get into Tuggerah until about 4:30 this morning.

I was getting genuine shivers down my spine and goosebumps throughout the concert, the sound mix was absolutely on point. It was one of those unforgettable moments. Never seen them live before and really glad I got the chance and took it.
Setlist

1. Fear Innoculum
  2. Aenima
  3. Eon Blue Apocalypse
  4. The Patient
  5. Parabola
  6. Pneuma
  7. Schism
  8. Jambi
  9. Merkaba
  10. Vicarious
  11. 7empest