What are you listening to NOW?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
It's only the first single from the pending album release, I've heard Paul play it solo a few times now and it always sounded like something was missing but with all of the elements from the rest of the band in the recorded version it has a lot more depth.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I was feeling like my music taste was mellowing with age. I think I'm starting to realise that it is more that my music taste seems to follow my view of the world around me. The last 6 months of chaos has seen my musical taste revert to the noisy chaos I was listening to in my early-mid 20s that I thought I was growing out of. Right now I can't stop listening to Chrome. Nothing more chaotic that I can think of.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
am I getting old or was trance just better in 1998 when it wasn't so overproduced?
No you're right - trance had a limited lifespan - peaked in late 90s, then had nothing new to add by 2004. It survives as a bad imitation of itself for reasons unknown.

Techno seems to have aged better.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
No you're right - trance had a limited lifespan - peaked in late 90s, then had nothing new to add by 2004. It survives as a bad imitation of itself for reasons unknown.

Techno seems to have aged better.
But techno peaked around 2007 as well. Some of the live sets from Justice and 2 Many DJs around then are still the high water mark.

https://soundcloud.com/never-miss-a-beat%2F2-many-djs-live-from-rock-werchter-2009-stubru-www-soulwax-info
Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's just beeps and noises! It hurts my head...

I think that was the words Max used in the 90s when some metal was doing electro remixes of their albums. Like the masterful "Remanufacture".

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Friend just linked me to a 00 flemming live facebook set. I guess in some cases they do make em like they used to