What are you listening to NOW?

mtb1611

Seymour
I've been a massive V SPY V SPY fan since year 9 and have always collected their releases, plus promos, posters etc. This one however has eluded me for many years, having only ever seen one copy, on the wall of Phantom Records circa 1986/87. I finally took ownership today. Absolutely stoked, this is something of a holy grail for me. V SPY V SPY 'Six Fresh Lemons', NZ only release on STUNN Records, 1982.

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
I've been a massive V SPY V SPY fan since year 9 and have always collected their releases, plus promos, posters etc. This one however has eluded me for many years, having only ever seen one copy, on the wall of Phantom Records circa 1986/87. I finally took ownership today. Absolutely stoked, this is something of a holy grail for me. V SPY V SPY 'Six Fresh Lemons', NZ only release on STUNN Records, 1982.

View attachment 364371
Saw them live at The Great Northern in St Ives back in the day, they were awesome live

moorey

call me Mia
Probably behind here, but Ian MacKaye has a new thing going on.

Thanks for that. MT and Fugazi were a couple of my go-to bands back in the day, but had lost all contact with them late 90’s before they went to ground.
Ima like that Coriky, going to have to give me a good listen and drag out some neglected old favorites.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah it’s a million miles from minor threat but still has Mackaye’s sig all over it. Been around for a few years apparently but I’ve only just stumbled upon them.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah it’s a million miles from minor threat but still has Mackaye’s sig all over it. Been around for a few years apparently but I’ve only just stumbled upon them.
For sure.
I always found myself somehow more interested in Ian’s ethos and attitude than strictly his music. Those he influenced have probably had more impact on me than him directly. That sounds very self canceling :(.
Still massive respect for him and his work.

Jpez

Down on the left!
For sure.
I always found myself somehow more interested in Ian’s ethos and attitude than strictly his music. Those he influenced have probably had more impact on me than him directly. That sounds very self canceling :(.
Still massive respect for him and his work.
I was the complete opposite. Had total respect for his message and ethos but couldn’t stand the way he pushed that message out. I briefly met him at a punk house Fugszi we’re staying at years ago and he was unbearable.
But loved his music

moorey

call me Mia
I was the complete opposite. Had total respect for his message and ethos but couldn’t stand the way he pushed that message out. I briefly met him at a punk house Fugszi we’re staying at years ago and he was unbearable.
But loved his music
I mean the DYI, anti excess stance. I’m sure he would be a right grizzle guts and killjoy to be around.
When I first heard them, I was coming out of years of excess drinking and recreational drugs, and making shirts/posters for local music festival, hosting a weekly punk/hardcore show on the local community radio show. My flat mate introduced me to them and the straight edge ethos struck a chord. I never have or would identity as one, but it’s probably closer than most things people would try to classify me as.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Currently spinning some obscure-era Fleetwood Mac, some years after their Bluesbreaker offshoot origins, but before the big Buckingham/Nicks break.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Alone in the lunchroom, just did a fart, listening carefully for any indication of someone opening the door so I can get in first with a 'gee something in here is smelly'.

mtb1611

Seymour
But loved his music
Likewise, know a few people who've had the displeasure of 'interacting' with him. Love Minor Threat and Fugazi but loathe the religious zealot approach, which is pretty much his modus operandi. Oh the punk irony.