What Bike Do You Regret Selling?

tim3638

Smith of hammers curious
Back in the early 2000's I had a GT DH i Drive, one of the early ones. It was the complete package Boxxers, Hadley hubs and XTR. I loved that bike. I would ride it Down Hill and even locally as it pedaled so well. Unfortunately I din't have a lot of spare cash at the time and I sold it to finance a new bike. The guy that bought it off me paid about $1200 and he said "he was going to put an engine on it". Now I am a bit older and have more disposable income I wish it was still the bike. Anyway enough of my story, what bike is your favorite bike of all time that you sold and wish you still owned???

Calvin27

Eats Squid
My original bigW huffy.

It was glitter dark blue, had 18 speed (3x6) but the FD never worked so I left it in the middle.

I would have liked to have kept it just for perspective because as a kid that thing went everywhere with me and that includes lysterfield.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'd like to say the same and wish for my 1993 Repco Rad26 but that unit would be a touch too small for me now..

I miss my On One 45650b. Bought it on here. Absolute tank and always so much fun regardless of where it was being ridden. I sold it as part purge, part requiring parts on it for a new project.

Those utilitarian steel hardtails can get right under your skin it seems.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My first real MTB, a duel suspension KHS back in 2000. Saved up my shelf stacking money for 6 months for that 20kg bad boy.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Trek Y-3. Alloy frame, metallic blue. The Judy's up front made way for Z1 Bombers and the rear shock made way for something decent. Took it thru the Blue mountains on my first and only MTB holiday. Hung onto the stock bits, so when the Carbon Y-11 happened they went back on.

Sold it to my brother who stupidly thought locking it in a shed shared by 30 apartments was a wise thing. When it went missing he claimed it and got a lower end Fuel. Still a bit filthy about how that went down as I was struggling to save enough for a new bike for my self.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Gave away a Yellow GT XCR5000, hence the current build. Sat looking at my parts collection the other day, won’t really have time again till February.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Ktm 125sx. Suspenders tuned for me, resprung and valved. motor cleaned up, fmf pipes........ great bike.
I still love the smell of two stroke oil thanks to that thing. E-bikes got nufn on a 125 mx bike.

Never actually sold a bicycle. I’ve broken alot of frames and given two frames away, but generally when I’m done with things They’re no good anymore.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Had my custom Avanti D8 with Marzochi 888 rc3s stolen.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Mountain Cycle - San Andreas DNA.......Dickhead!
dna.JPG
I also gave an ABD Flow2 to my busted arse cousin, so he had something to come riding with me- he sold it within a month to buy ice.......Dickhead!
P.S. If anyone out there has an ABD Flow 2 frame that they want to get rid of, Pm me

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
My first MTB. Gary Fisher Mamba 29er which I had done my first few Scott and Mont 24hrs on. Same frame as all the alloy GF 29ers of the time. Put on a Reba fork, SLX brakes and converted it to single speed. Such nice geometry and was such a good fit.

Sold it to fund my first dually but I think it was actually a better ride. Should have kept it for the minimal $ it was sold for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
Like Tim the Clyde I regret selling a great bike for too little to fund my first dually. Bike sold was a 1993 KHS Montana comp steel hard tail, wish I’d kept it as it was such a great bike that I’d had since new. The GF Y bike that replaced it felt great at the time but wasn’t really as good.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I sold my first mtb, no regrets either. Some gasser hit me up for it at the train station because it was a mongoose and he had a raging boner about "baaaaaaaaaack in theeeeeeeeee daaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy braaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh". Anyway cash was all sorted and it was his! He did also ask if I'd prefer payment in a variety of drugs rather than cash but without scales and testing gear who knows what he was trying to palm off? I just wanted the cash before he stopped tripping balls and realised the bike was shit.

A few weeks later he had it in the local bike shop for some repairs and the proprietor hit me up to make sure I'd sold it and it hadn't been stolen!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I don’t really miss the bike, but more regret the circumstances. My 2004 Mongoose Thunderball. I bought it new thinking I’d get into riding, but never did (until 2013). It sat around for a few years, and then I pawned it to settle a final notice from the power company....

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
Circa 1996 Diamondback axis, with Ritchey tubing. From when Diamondback was awesome and had a world racing team and everything. I was about the third owner of the bike and got a local engineer to weld a disc mount on it. Anyhoo, after a few months the seat stay cracked near the newly welded bracket. Stoopidly, I stripped the bike down and took the frame to the tip:( I now could repair it myself. Idiot.
upload_2018-12-29_17-10-8.jpeg

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Circa 1996 Diamondback axis, with Ritchey tubing. From when Diamondback was awesome and had a world racing team and everything. I was about the third owner of the bike and got a local engineer to weld a disc mount on it. Anyhoo, after a few months the seat stay cracked near the newly welded bracket. Stoopidly, I stripped the bike down and took the frame to the tip:( I now could repair it myself. Idiot. View attachment 349931
Ouch.
Reckon that was the best bike DB ever made. Always wanted it above the ti and CF/steel frames they had around the same time.