What Bike Do You Regret Selling?

BKMad

Likes Dirt
My '04 Heckler. First proper MTB. Unfortunately i needed to sell to help fund the new whip. :(View attachment 350168
I had one of those and regret selling it too. By today's standards it was very short and steep, but it used to pop of any jump and was so maneuverable compared to my more modern long/slack bikes. A short top tube does have its place - unstable at speed, but fuck I could chuck that bike about on technical trails.
I had mine for 8 years before the upgrade itch became too much and it had been with me all over the place including the UK and various Europe trips. Like you I had to sell it to fund a new bike.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I had one of those and regret selling it too. By today's standards it was very short and steep, but it used to pop of any jump and was so maneuverable compared to my more modern long/slack bikes. A short top tube does have its place - unstable at speed, but fuck I could chuck that bike about on technical trails.
I had mine for 8 years before the upgrade itch became too much and it had been with me all over the place including the UK and various Europe trips. Like you I had to sell it to fund a new bike.
Nice I had mine for 8 years also. Absolutely bombproof - i couldn't break it! Had lighter wheels, tyres and an air shock i used to put on for racing. Did everything from 24hr events (in a team!), to 50km and 100km marathons. Would then chuck on the burlier parts and hit the rowdier trails. Such a great bike.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Hecklers are awesome do-all bikes. I wish mine would make me hate it so I can finally get my act together for a long awaited upgrade.
Damn you, you good bike.

I can't say I regret selling Ol' Yella since I still have the frame. It has sort of gone but not completely.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
They were built to last and always had a good resale value because of this.
Things like pivot squeak and other little annoyances also don't happen much.

Ol' Yella had a cool backstory. I got it from Tim@AMB. It was his bike for testing parts and general messing around on. One of the early SC's imported here. Here it is in an old AMB.

DSC_1786.jpeg
DSC_1785.jpeg

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Things like pivot squeak and other little annoyances also don't happen much.
Because most of the new bikes aren't kept long enough or last long enough to get a squeak.:) They still basically made the same frame up until 2016.

I ride with a few people that ride older bikes of around 4 years that don't maintain them and they squeak pretty bad on the climbs too.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2009 Commencal Supreme Racing:

Enduro before enduro was a thing. 180mm of buttery smooth coil sprung Bos N'dee SC forks, 160mm Bos S'toy coil sprung rear. Nearly every part second hand. Was like manhandling a grumpy cow up hill but was a hell of a lot of fun on the way down. Only weighed about 18kg.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm still running one of those old Cane Creek shocks!
Good one, they were pretty uber at that time and great that is still works.

I have an old Fox ALP's somewhere that still holds air last time I checked. The stiction at the beginning of the stroke is a poor mans Propedal. Unintentional forward thinking :|

binner

Hath shat hymself
Giant AciD
SC Chameleon
Banshee Scream
Banshee Wildcard This was a true mistake selling it.I can't remember who bought it, pretty sure it was a dude on Farkin, if hes reading this and still has it I would buy it back in a flash.....

these are the few that come to mind quickly

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
OP didn't specify mtb so the one I regret selling/writing off was my first proper bike.

Not this one pictured, but it was identical... *would buy one now just for nostalgic Bay Run laps.

*probably 2 loops and realise the thing was a pig and then (1) sell on at a loss
(2) or hang on the wall

binner

Hath shat hymself
Bought NOS in the 90's. Ridden up and down the street a couple of times, displayed and stored over the years. '73 Speedwell Mustang 100% OG. Sold in 2013 to buy 80's skateboards. Goodbye pic. No regrets actually, was hard to store and no room to display, but would have been nice to be able to keep.

View attachment 350004

Some of these are boards I bought with the proceeds.

View attachment 350005

This went in about 2009, then I got it back and made it an ebike in 2015.

1996:

View attachment 350006

1998 to 2015:
View attachment 350008

Now:
View attachment 350009
ohhhh ...that Jeff Kendall deck.....drools

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
OP didn't specify mtb so the one I regret selling/writing off was my first proper bike.

View attachment 350444

Not this one pictured, but it was identical... *would buy one now just for nostalgic Bay Run laps.

*probably 2 loops and realise the thing was a pig and then (1) sell on at a loss
(2) or hang on the wall
Sorry, piccs dont work for me, You said Proper Bike!..photo was of some roadie thing with skinny wheels